1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exodus Dungeon - An invitation to learn from my error

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Petra Fyde, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't keep all your 'eggs' in one basket.

I had 2 taint, I had various essences, I had a stack of imbuing gems. All gone.
    I was killed by a zealot - it looted my loot bag. By the time I got to the ankh, rezed and ran back it had, of course, disappeared, and all my goodies with it.
    Consolation is, I'd insured the exodus keys, so at least I kept those.
    I'll be using several bags in future, and BoS for any taint etc.

2. ShadowTrauma

ShadowTrauma Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ack!, sorry to hear that happened to you Petra. I had a similar experience with a bag and all my looted items as well, was not happy, but I guess I have to learn lessons some way. I found that your idea of bringing a BoS really helps, I personally have stopped using bags all together (EC here so grid view helps) as the disappearing zealots love to grab bags first, now if the multitude of casters (or those uber golems with their 40+ damage stunning shots) get me it is often only gold I lose.

#2 ShadowTrauma, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I always keep several piles of gold in my backpack. and a bag with all the loot. When getting killed the monsters go normaly after the gold first. When my gold is looted its the least i worry about. :)

4. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I will try the piles of gold thing when I do spawns. Since I seldom loot gold at spawns, the monsters tend to loot my bandages which is a big hassle. To be safe I think I will still carry 3-5 piles of bandages instead of one big pile.

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I always carry a talisman of bandage summoning

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

seems I was told a long time ago that they loot the heaviest things first?

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I NEVER put my goods in a bag for this very reason. Thank gods for the EC I just drop them in my pack.

Whenever I get looted they always take the goods in this order: Gold, Bandaids, potions, regs, loot.

When you have a BAG they take things in this order: Gold, Bag, potions, regs, loot...

VERY annoying. But yes they go by weight. Hence my always having my bandages in multiple piles no more than 50 in a stack. And I carry a bandage summoning talisman as well.

And most my mages carry some sort of Arcane clothing too... save my gargoyles who are for some ungodly reason banned from using arcane clothing.

#7 MalagAste, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

If you played with me I would have guarded your stuff!

9. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Does Navrey also loot? Yesterday I visited a house, fell in to a hole and landed directly at Navreys lair - with that ugly fat spider already waiting for the unprepared wanderer. Used stuck call - or is there a controlled way out for a ghost?
    Well, I had some uninsured armor parts - as I returned the same way to recover my corpse (and survived this time), some items were missing.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

10. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's always been a bad idea.

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I thought that too - the code seems to look for the 'heaviest' object in the top level of your backpack, which can be a container full of stuff or (the more usual things that get looted from me) a pile of gold, or a stack of bandages.

12. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Interesting - I've never noticed them discriminate between bags or items/stacks of items, they seem to me to purely work by the weight shown against the 'item', which in this case also can mean 'container', at the top level of my pack.

#12 Aurelius, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  13. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Navrey LOVES looting.
    I had cases where I had to wait for the fountain to time out for one minute and when I was back, she had looted all my 15+ stacks of bandages.

14. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yup i hade the same done to me, i now insure my keys. I would like to add some of them loot you dry, never mind just going for the heavy stuff. I dont use loot bags or carry other stuff that i dont need. I have seen its normaly only 1 monster that loots you dry, so its just a case of finding the little monster that did it.

#14 Winker, Nov 28, 2012
  15. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

That's correct. That is why when I hunt in a dangerous place,I carry 3 large iron ore. That will outweigh anything else in my pack just in case I get ambushed.

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

:) trouble with that is, when it's a zealot, they despawn in a few minutes so that a new one can spawn to be stolen from. By the time you rez, he's gone, so he can't be found to get things back.

17. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

When I first read about the weight I thought that I would have to start carrying a roasted pig or two, but the ore is much cheaper.

18. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

I hate corpse looting monsters since that that time, as a guard whacked the brigand south of Trinsic, which looted my backpack organize and loot bag before. (There was a time, in which the items were cluttered in backpack after looting your corpse, so I assumed sub bags would be a good thing.)
    And of course, if an ultra powerful monster loots you, so that you don't even have a chance to get the items back, its the same as with the despawning zealots.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

19. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Most times when I get looted I never get my stuff back. And I can't even loot gold since it's too heavy. As an archer I have about 7 to 10 bows on me all the time. Plus 3 quivers of arrows/bolts as well as the one on my back, 200+ bandages and 10 to 12 different potions, 3 to 5 of each petal... and about 15 rune books as well as a few various clothing items for RP purposes. Most times I'm pretty close to my weight limit so I don't loot much of anything if it's not REALLY special. Otherwise there's no room in my pack. So when I get looted it's always my bandages. Followed by my potions, and then petals. Everything else in my pack is insured or blessed.

May go by weight but I know for sure that those who carry bags ALWAYS get them looted. I don't have room in my pack for such things.

20. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

Seperate your bandages into at least 5-7 stacks. I always do this on my healer. Also unless the hunt is an RP event,leave your RP clothing at home. That can save how much room? About 13 to 15 stones?

21. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

just so you know, it doesn't go by weight

it goes by vendor default pricing (VDP)

if you took the items in your backpack to town and tried to sell them to the NPCs, whatever sells for the most gold is what the monsters loot first

I couldn't take all the misinformation anymore and had to post this - you wore me down

#21 Kojak, Nov 28, 2012
  22. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

What misinfomation? I have died in dungeons to come back with the only thing missing is the ore in my pack.

23. MalagAste

I always carry my aids in stacks of less than 50. But the mobs seem to REALLY like them and typically loot at least 2 or 3 piles.

As for leaving things behind I find whenever I do that I'm often "caught" without them when I need them. So I don't do that anymore. And I'm almost always "in-character" even when on a hunt.

#23 MalagAste, Nov 28, 2012