1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exodus Dungeon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alouenikah, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Alouenikah

Alouenikah Caretaker of Sudiva
    Stratics Veteran

So, long story short, I went to the Exodus dungeon. I have two questions:

[​IMG]
    Were these things there before?
    And secondly,

[​IMG]
    ...was this?

It says it's a talking power crystal, but I tried a few arc-related words and couldn't make it say anything.

Has anybody noticed any further plot activity since the publish?

Thanks in advance.

Nimuaq likes this.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's not somewhere I've been very often, but I don't remember seeing those before.

3. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Talking power crystal is not there in Europa but I don't remember any nexus there.

4. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Ah, finally someone else has been there.. This is what I didn't want to spoil just yet since it seems we are nowhere near interacting with the dungeon yet.

The nexus are new and look a little bit like adult toys... :rolleyes2:

There are more new structures in the eastern and southern rooms. They don't appear to be interactive (yet)

5. Alouenikah

Stratics Veteran

I don't actually think we're meant to go there yet, but I'm an event area spelunker, I can't help it. :<

I wasn't aware of the other new stuff, thanks for pointing it out! It's been a while since I was in Exodus before now so I wasn't sure what it looked like.

(also now I can't unsee it goddamnit dildos with legs)

Edit: if the area is still meant to be out-of-bounds and the dev team would prefer I not spoil the event, I can delete these posts.

Edit 2: I can also tell you how I got there if you want to block it off. :] Just PM me if needed.

6. Martyna Zmuir

They prematurely reopened it with Pub 75, instead of a mini publish right before the event(s) kicked off. They had to know that we would find it days in advance, so I'd say it's fair game. Nothing is active yet, so nobody has an advantage.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmm interactive...not sure we can use those in the way you're thinking, there would be z-axis issues no? ;P

8. Drive

Drive Guest

Say this mantra "Iis awolly" where the power crystal is or at the spot if it hasn't yet appeared and you will have a nice surprise. :)

9. Alouenikah

Stratics Veteran

Well, it looks like the path on Baja at least has been blocked off since I made that first post.

I'm guessing that means we're not meant to be allowed in yet. Would anybody like me to remove the screenshots?

10. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

damn, they blocked it off - what was the surprise when you say the mantra - can't get in there anymore to try it

11. Vyal

Vyal Guest

someone said you can you click a red chest. Where is the red chest?

12. Alouenikah

Stratics Veteran

Lost to the mists of time, I'm afraid. I shouldn't have made this post! :<

13. Vyal

Vyal Guest

spill the beans man

14. Drive

Drive Guest

It's a shame nobody could get there to say it, i was hoping for a giggle on this april fools.

"Iis a wolly" I is a wolly, a wolly being a jovial term for someone who says or does something silly here in Britain. :)

15. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Europa too, I was just there this morning after I saw your post to check the power crystal (not in Europa, but there was a keypunch reader, not sure if that was there before). That was a pretty quick response.

16. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

the keypunch reader has been there since 5 minutes after pub 75 went in - it's the first place I went :)

17. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I tried by changing visibility and using teleport - got me almost thru. do I need to PM?
    It's also interesting to note that some things apply globally to all shards, and some have to be individually performed on each - well, except Siege, you get nuttin'

18. Vyal

Vyal Guest

You go into covetous, head in the back past the undead to the back side of the large table there will be a red chest, dbl click it and you will be put inside exodus.

19. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

i didn't see a chest on LS, back by the long table where the tall candles spawn. Like the added gate by the mountain climber, appears to be EM driven

20. Mr Bug

Mr Bug Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It is in fact active, it just takes killing the right critter to obtain the item needed to work with the Nexus. I have spent several days in Exodus dungeon now working with the Nexus and all of the required items are in game to do so. Hope that helps without giving to much away. Put on those thinking caps and good luck with it!

The Albatross/ Lord Aphid LS

21. Martyna Zmuir

The dungeon is blocked off on GL again too.. Oh well.

22. Alouenikah

Stratics Veteran

I'm sorry, everybody. :<

23. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I think you did good personally.
    If one looks at things that happened:
    Building blown up, scattered dead. This was planned, duh - does anybody really think they didn't have time to make the rock-slide, and it was an afterthought?
    'partial' blockage at entrances -> Fully Blocked. It might had been easier, for them, to simply extend the mountain across - RP going on for the climber quest.
    Gate (EM) to the east area - EM's don't make gates - approved sneak preview? Fan/Em sites get previews first, as should be.
    Teleporting Red Chest (EM) - Again, EM's don't make these - think a Dev would spoil their own plans, really?

Letting the cat out of the bag, in stages, I believe was not only carefully planned, but planned well in advance of the actual events, with EM's cooperating of course.

To say they weren't meant to be seen yet, that it was an 'accident'... do I really need to finish this sentence? There's big differences between approved preview and spoiler. No apology necessary, You, as others, were simply playing a part in what the Dev's knew you would do. I say Thanks for sharing, and being a part of UO and the community.

24. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Exodus comes back, breaks into Lord Blackthorn's Castle in Fel, and resurrects Lord Blackthorn...

25. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

And Bruce Willis is a ghost
    662_2.jpg

26. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

On Pac you still can get throuhg the barricade...just for info...stuff has been installed inside the dungeon, but nothing seems to be active yet - need a EM on Pacific to host the start maybe - guess he's on holiday or so...

27. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

All in good time kiddies....

Remember each shard is simular...but not the same, and takes time to set up. They were not kidding that the 15th year would be full of changes. Keep your eyes pealed and relax it will get there so keep your ears open and your eyes wide for all the goodies.:)

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  28. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I hope whatever it is isn't reserved for 15-year-vets and/or people who have no life outside of UO.

Arrgh likes this.
  29. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

wait! wait! wait!

What is this life out outside of UO you speak of? Next thing you know you will be saying that the Earth is not the center of the Universe, that it is flat, and that EA cares about UO.

30. Martyna Zmuir

Loyalty grind.

Grave robber grind.

*waits for the next arc-related grind*

I think we're past that point, Tina. Well past. :confused: