1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exodus - New Ilsh "Harrower" Champ

Discussion in 'UHall' started by PlayerSkillFTW, Jun 29, 2012.

1. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Here's an idea i have for introducing the Scrolls of Valiant Commendation and Exodus as a permanent fixture in UO.
    First, when you slay a Champ in Ilshenar, you can loot a certain punch card item off of them, each champ has a different punch card. Once you slay all the Ilsh Champs and recieve all the punch cards, you can place these items in a Keypunch Reader inside the Exodus Dungeon, and when you do this, it activates the Exodus Champ Spawn at Ver Lor Reg.
    The first level of the Champ, spawns Controllers and Enslaved Gargoyles.
    The second level of the Champ, spawns Golems and Exodus Overseers.
    The third level of the Champ, spawns Exodus Minions and Gargoyle Destroyers.
    The fourth level of the Champ, spawns Betrayers and Blackthorn Juggernaughts.
    At the "fifth level", Exodus himself spawns (Although a nerfed version of the event one, less Health/Resists), and he's guaranteed to drop a certain amount of Scrolls of Commendation. These Scrolls should have a different name though, to seperate them from the ones gotten from the actual event.

This will bring some life back to the Champ Spawns in Ilsh, as they will prove to be the keys to spawn Exodus for a +5 Stat Scroll that stacks with the Harrower's +25 Stat Scroll and the AoS/6 Month Vet +5 Stat Cap bonus. This can work lore wise, because Exodus himself is never really destroyed since he's a Computer AI that is on a hidden server. His minions just rebuild his physical vessel and he uploads part of himself into the vessel.

Mirt, Aerodice, CovenantX and 5 others like this.
  2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Sounds good to me.

3. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't think Exodus should be relegated to the position of a "champ spawn monster". Maybe some kind of lieutenant of his or whatever, but not Exodus himself. I think some people don't quite realize how big a name he is so to speak in Ultima history.

BeaIank likes this.
  4. PlayerSkillFTW

Stratics Veteran

I know exactly how big of a name Exodus is in Ultima history. Thing is though, that it doesn't quite make sense for Grimm to take all that time to design the artwork for him, and Mesanna to give us a Sneak Peek at it, only for that artwork to show up once in UO history. Plus, the recent event activity suggests that Exodus really isn't dead, just temporarily defeated, and Mesanna said they would be implementing a permanent way to gain +5 Stat Scrolls of Commendation.

Mirt likes this.
  5. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

This honestly sounds like a good way for them to do it, and itd be fun to be able to kill him myself.

6. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am not disagreeing with the idea of an Exodus themed champ spawn, just with Exodus as the "final boss". I think Exodus is far to important for such a role. I think it'd work better if it was some lieutenant of his - maybe someone the community could help write the lore for. That is all. The rest of the suggested idea seems pretty good to me.

7. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You know it's funny...

Twice I have sent similar ideas in to this.

First was right after Mondain's Legacy was released (and interestingly enough, Exodus is his Legacy..... why wasn't he in ML?).... anyway.... that once you get a special drop from each peerless that you take all of them to the Shrine of Spirituality and that would open a gate where you would fight the ghost of Mondain or Mondain himself.

The other time was when I submitted a story for some reason, it was build around collecting the items from Peerless to summon Mondain.

8. Emma Silvermane

Emma Silvermane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I had a blast tryin to kill him last saturday night but omg that turd wouldnt stand still .. LMAO some one said the ems on chess were moving him but he was jumpin around like hed eatn 10 cans of jumpin beans!!!!

9. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I just have one request: however we have to go about earning the scroll, please, please, please don't let it be in Fel.

10. dlo88

dlo88 Seasoned Veteran

The only way to get those scrolls should be in Felucca. I cant speak for every shard but alot that used to have alot of action around the champ spawns and harrowers are quite dead nowadays. Seems everything new they put into the game recently regarding new content is Trammel based. This would be an awesome way to breathe life back into Khaldun dungeon, which is one of the cooler lesser used dungeons in the game.

11. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I love every part of this idea! They could probably implement a setup like in the Abyss where it is a fel ruleset area.

If Exodus is not a champ spawn, he should be a keyed Peerless that drops "Scrolls of Exodus Defeat" that do the same thing as the Valiant Commendation scrolls.

12. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

sounds good but maybe for the summoning keys you could have some kind of demon body parts and gears, so he can create a new body to inhabit on our plane

13. Emma Silvermane

Emma Silvermane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

what the hell .. why does every single scroll we get have to come outta fell ... really> everytime i hear or see scroll talk its allways keep the scrolls in fell .. blah blah .. u got enough .. we dont wanna go there .. i dont even get on here much and i always see some one u should put that in fel to get them to come here .. has it worked yet?

Mirt likes this.
  14. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

No, it wouldn't. Well, not really. It would make the people who already pvp and those who walked away for a bit go back into pvping. But, time and again, regardless of what is offered, it has been proven without a doubt that a majority of the players will not pvp. Doesn't matter what reward you toss up there. All it would do is create another RMT cash cow for the hackers/scripters. And THAT alone is enough reason to not put it in Fel.
    *edit- spelling mistake

Mirt and Emma Silvermane like this.
  15. PlayerSkillFTW

Stratics Veteran

Nope. For one, there is nothing in Felucca that fits the theme of Exodus, where Ilshenar has the Exodus Dungeon (Which the entire Exodus Dungeon actually is Exodus, a huge ass computer), and now he has control over Ver Lor Reg as well. Plus, the Ilsh Champs are completely dead, while the Fel champs still see some action for 120 PS. Two, Felucca already is the source of the +25 Stat Scroll, which is 5x more powerful than the +5 Stat Scroll that Exodus gives, so i believe this warrants less risk for Exodus' scroll.

16. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The thing is, no one likes PvPing except a very, very small handful of players. It boggles my mind why the developers continue to spend their meager resources trying to work on PvPing, factions, etc. when the vast majority of UO's players will never set foot in Fel regardless of what prize/s await them. Adding yet another must-have item to a place where 90% (or more) of the players will never go just doesn't make sense at all. For once, the developers ought to design UO around what's the most fun, and not around what will cause the most grief and/or griefing.

Emma Silvermane likes this.
  17. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Fixed that for you.

18. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Wrong. Many players love to pvp.

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

How about we just wait and see how the scrolls will be obtained?

Redxpanda likes this.
  20. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes please don't turn this into another one of those discussions.

21. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Regardless of the exact method (champ spawn vs keyed peerless vs open boss) or reward, I hope Exodus with his new artwork becomes as an encounter we can battle over and over again until the end of UO as we know it.

Mirt and NuSair like this.