1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

expanding into reviewing games

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by james64468, Jan 10, 2016.

1. james64468

james64468 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I believe that if we reviewed games it could bring more people into the site. It has to be a honest review. Beyond that we could build guides around that game. It would be a lot of work in my opinion but it would be worth it.

Taylor likes this.
  2. Elenni

Elenni Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator

What games would you suggest? Are there some you're interested in writing review for?

3. james64468

james64468 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I believe in a variety of games. From first person to city builders. Even some MMO's in the mix. I haven't really done a lot of research in what's popular in the gaming world.

4. Vince

Vince Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've suggested a ... hmmm ... lets call it a "Stratics award" in the past, for MMO's.
    It would require possibly a team to facilitate tests of different aspects of a game, ranging from "help tickets" and "server lag" to "replayability at level cap" etc.
    My proposal for funding it would be a chip-in. The games that would want to participate could chip in for the cost of the volunteers.
    Once a year event, and possibly something that could be months in the making.

Also, bringing back a stable platform for posting guides and reviews. No more "migrations" please. I twitch everytime I hear that word now.

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

We gave a really beautiful award to Mythic.

6. Vince

Vince Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Was it depicted in this link?
    http://stratics.com/featured/stratics-presents-historic-achievement-award-to-ultima-online-team/ ? :)

What I has previously suggested is that Stratics is recognized and used for quotation by the producers of different games. This will also provide the portal with self-sustaining marketing.
    But this would indeed require an effort that we cannot sustain with the current volunteer team.

Taylor likes this.