1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Expansion pack plans?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Molteg, May 5, 2012.

1. Molteg

Molteg Guest

Hi, I'm just returning and can't believe how well Ultima Online is STILL doing. This game is the best mmo imo, all things considered. Anyways, I'm just curious if there have been any annoucements for a future expansion pack since High Seas came out?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Last heard Jeff Skalski said there were no current plans for an expansion or booster. They're putting quite a lot into each publish and working towards the 15th anniversary.
    Welcome back. :)

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  3. Molteg

Molteg Guest

Thanks, they're doing pretty good work as is, I like it!

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Welcome back. I too love the new revamps of the virtue areas. I can't wait to see whats coming next.

5. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Considering how the devs were lambasted for the high cost and lack of significant content in the previous boosters (rustic theme pack and gothic theme pack), I doubt they will be doing more. And the High Seas Expansion is still buggy as h*ll, so they have a lot of work to do on that before they come out with a new expansion.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Detective vs. Thief expansion plox :D

Raptor85 likes this.
  7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'd say the live events plus dungeon revamps plus Enhanced Client artwork revamp is quite a bit more than what we'd see out of an expansion. And really right now it's more of what the game needs... not an "expansion", but a retooling of existing content.

We have plenty of room, we just need to have a reason to use it, and that seems to be the current focus of the team... giving us those reasons.

Lord Frodo and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  8. Meatbread

Meatbread Journeyman

Between the (shockingly extensive) dungeon revamps and the spiffy EM and world events, there's actually a pretty fair amount of content coming on a regular basis. I'm not going to argue with them if they want to just give it to us rather than sell us an expansion.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.