1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Expert advice needed

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Bouche835, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Bouche835

Bouche835 Guest

Do you wear a luck suit on your crafter? I have read where luck does not play a roll in crafting better items, but some people in the guild swear by wearing luck suits.

So to all the crafters out there in UO, do you wear a luck suit and if you do how much luck?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

nope luck has no benefit for crafting although it does help with the loot you get off monsters that can be enhanced later

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Luck doesn't help.

4. Black Tom

Black Tom Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Luck doesn't help for quality of BODs during turn-ins. That being said, I do believe in "hot" npcs. While it could be just the RNG working, I find that certain npcs seem to give a certain range of BODs.

I'll do a 200 BOD turn-ins and record the ratios. I do this for multiple vendors in different towns. I do this ti I find ones I like. Then stay there. I believe I get better BODs. But, that could just be the RNG.

5. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I can confirm this,Yesterday I had filled about 85 tailor bods and turned in about 75 and got nothing but crap in return and then I remember a while back that a ceratin npc had gave me 2 barbed kit bods back to back a few months ago so I recalled to him and after the 3rd bod I turned in I got a barbed kit large and out of the last 7 I got 2 horned kit lbods and a CBD lbod.

So this also confirms that the RNG is busted system.For a real life example of he RNG being a busted system.At my work we have a item "accumulator" telling us how many of a certain Item to pull form backstock and replensih to shelves,and It is ALWAYS off.hehe.

6. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

People can think whatever they want, but there are no "hot" NPC's. The RNG generator they use in UO is broken though. It tends to be very streaky; streaky to the point of being nearly statistically impossible.

I've probably dropped off 10's of thousands of BODs to the exact same NPC's. I've seen very cold streaks, and I've seen hot streaks (2 BRSK LBOD's within 5 BOD's; 2 Val BODs in a row when Val BODs were nearly non-existant). Changing vendors never made a difference and staying with the same one hasn't either.

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For some freaky reason, my 70 tailor consistantly gets better deeds than my legendary tailor.
    This freaks me out and it's been like this since last year. This is very dissapointing.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Hildebrand, did you also notice what me and Barry Gibb are reporting - that fully 2/3 tailor BODs have been normal, at least as far back as the Smith BOD changes last February (no data from before that point)?

9. Black Tom

Black Tom Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aye. And if the RNG is faulty then discrepencies can happen. I'm not saying bet the bank on it, just saying that I've seen some very odd patterns.

10. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Basara, I'm going to drop off some Tailor BODs in the next day or so. I'll be interested to see my ratio of normal to exceptional. I haven't been paying attention to that, but I will now.