1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exploding Tar Potion how to use?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kvhokuto, Jun 27, 2010.

1. kvhokuto

kvhokuto Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hi sorry if this has been covered but do Exploding Tar Potions do anything? A dev said they are a "forced walk potion" but I haven't been able to produce this effect. All testing was done with red unguilded character vs mounted and unmounted chars.

thanks.

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

What's next ? The Mr T Mohawk Grenade?

3. kvhokuto

kvhokuto Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Well they nerfed pot targetting so the least they can do is give us a pot to slow ppl down, too bad it doesn't seem to work.

4. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I never used one. However, I would suspect after hitting someone with a Tar patch potion throw a fireball at them. They may catch on fire.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Did you try having the person aggro you first?

6. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

I started to test them but I only had 9 and all of them were "resisted" by the target (most with 120 Resist but two of them on an 88 Resist char).

I plan to test more to see if they affect chars without Resist, but I haven't gotten around to it. I was very excited when I heard about them but if they have no effect on chars with Resist then they'll be very limited in use, IMO.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

these potions are for pk... to use againist pvm char without resist :D

8. kvhokuto

kvhokuto Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I tested them against zero resist, they performed exactly like a regular explosion potion.

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Strangely unsurprising.

startle likes this.
  10. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Remember that I only had 9, but the first one I tried in Trammel and it worked like a GE potion. I took them to Fel to test and they worked differently -- no countdown timer and a target cursor. They would fly to their target and impact but then I'd get the message "your target has resisted the potion" (and the target got a similar message).

I will test these further tonight. It occurs to me that they might be more effective against ninja forms, gargoyles in flight mode, and targets with 0 (or 20 for human) Resist, so I'll try out all these permutations.

11. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

The only entries I have found so far in the localisation strings are:

• Exploding Tar Potion
    • You resist the exploding tar potion.
    • Your target resists the exploding tar potion.
    • Exploding Tar
    • Movement slowed.

So my guess would be that, if the target doesn't resist, it would slow the movement (hence, forced to walk instead of run)

12. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If its for making movement slowed then they are just adding alike a snare spell in the game like they do in their other games (warhammer and daoc). Quite annoying sometimes when Im the victim but great when ya can chain them on the enemy lol

13. kvhokuto

kvhokuto Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

So... Nobody has got these to work? If so, what's the secret?

14. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am pretty sure it's a two part process.

They just need to give us the "Bag of Feathers"....

:lol:

MalagAste and kelmo like this.
  15. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

They're buggy... last time I tested they were working like GE pots -- pop them, get a 3 second countdown, throw them and they land on the ground, then explode for fire damage. The time before that, I'd pop them, get no countdown, throw them directly at the target, and was resisted EVERY time by a target with 120 resist and twice out of two against a target with 88 resist.

I'll test them again... last time I wanted to see how they work against a 0 resist char, but like I said they were buggy last time out.

16. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

First, throw Tar Potion
    Next, get some feathers...

17. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Tested using 10 Exploding Tar potions against a char with 120 Resist. I had the target aggro me first. No effect no message.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, anybody have any ideas or get different results? If not... how embarrassing and waste of time for the devs.