1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Explosion Potions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hunters' Moon, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if this has been asked before,but I'd like to see a bit of a change in the explosion potion. I think it would be great to have it where the potion exploded on impact instead of having a three second timer.

2. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My alchy does 34-37 damage per exp pot cursed..not a good idea timing is essential..it'll be too much if an easy button on impact think of my bad a explosion flamestrike purple pot..ouch your looking at 85-90 damage easy some people insta death

3. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Potions used to always hit the target they were thrown at, then explode at that location when the timer was up. Unfortunately this means that potions could be timed and "machine gunned" to be thrown and explode as they were reaching their target.

Potions were changed so they target the location, they were thrown at rather than the object. This makes them behave more like grenades rather than heat seekers.

Exploding on impact would be similar but worse than the original issue. You can throw potions into the intended path of your target and time it so that they explode when the target is about to reach them, which is a complete player skill mechanic.

4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Then could we get a new craftable by Alchys called "The Heat Seaker" ? :)