1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Exterior Blocks and Steps - Visible Deco?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Merus, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Can someone enlighten me as to why some houses show the deco on the blocks on the exterior of their homes while others do not (without stepping on the house)?

Is this a bug that has never been fixed related to what type of blocks you use? Is there some trick to getting those items on block to show?

Pic 1 is a house with the items visible.
    Pic 2 is a house without them visible.
    Pic 3 is the house from pic 2 after you step on the house. Note that both houses have teleporter tiles locked down on the block, but they are not visible on house 2 until you step on the house.
    Blocks Visible.jpg Block not visible.png Blocks not Visible after.png

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've been wondering the same thing myself for quite a while! And why is it that some items show and others don't on the houses with fewer items visible before you step inside?

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

It seem that on some houses whatever you lock down on steps will show while what is locked down on the blocks does not. Note that everything on the steps in house 2 is visible before you step on it. Perhaps the system think some block are blocks and some block are stairs?

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I sometimes notice while wandering around that you can see items on the top floors of some private houses that you can't enter. While of course on most houses that are private you don't see anything. It's very strange and I guess I haven't paid enough attention yet to see if some things are consistently visible to an outsider looking at a private house or not. Maybe someone who does lots of house decorating will know the answers!

5. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

Yea i've always noticed these differences as well, curious to know!

6. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I always get a chill when I recall to my house and don't see any items.

Endrik likes this.
  7. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ha... I'm the same way... my heart always skips a beat in that 1-2 seconds it sometimes takes for my house to load when I recall in. Recalling to my castle and seeing nothing but a clean green patch of grass (even for a split second) always stresses me out.

8. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Does it have anything to do with what you have your house cache set at? If you've been there before it may still be in the house cache. Just guessing!

9. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

No, the house that does not display the items is on my shard and I am in it often. The other house is on a shard I do not play but caught my eye logging in to get bunnies. I have never been inside it but could still see the house teleporters on the blocks.