1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Extra buttons from mouse do not work,....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wolfman, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Hey guys,

till 2 days ago I was a happy Windows 7 user. My Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 did its duty with all extra buttons (main heal method small thumb button, smoke bomb big thumb button, wheel button use ninja belt /last target macro) working fine.
    Yesterday I had to buy a new desktop (Windows 8). The mouse works nicely with all keyboard comands in all other aplications (Firefox, word, UO Cartographer) but it just does not do its job in UO (classic and enhanced client).
    Any suggestions?
    P.S.: The tech forum had its last post from 2011 so I thought I have a better chance of finding someone here who has had a similar problem and knows a solution!

2. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

did you install the mouse hardware and set it to run as administrator, and have uo running as admin?

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yes and yes, and I believe this could be the problem: I only have one user account on this PC (Admin naturally) so I cannot run UO and UO assist not in admin mode....which I guess would be nessessary for the mouse to work.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

#4 G.v.P, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013