1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Extreme lag to east coast servers.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mr X, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Mr X

Mr X Guest

I am in the midwest and all my tracert's to the east coast servers are going through a fert hop and are causing horrible lag and packet loss. I remember this happening in the past so why is it happening again? Is anyone else getting this or is this just me? The last 5 days have been like this. This is really starting to **** me off.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its the same for me and i am on west coast it sucks if it keeps up I will moce back to pacific shard

3. I ran a 1000 pings to the Fert server, and got pings of 103-269 ms, with an average of 114 ms. That's pretty good for me from Michigan to the east coast servers. The only place that seems to cause me trouble is the slow sand in the Twisted Weald, where I bounce all over. Other than that, I haven't noticed the lag... guess I have been lucky.

4. Mr X

Mr X Guest

I ping under 40 until fert. Then it goes 150+. Worst is the packet loss. I freeze in place sometimes for 5 seconds or longer. I cannot pvp like that. I can barely pvm.