1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Extremely confused about Imbuing.

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Neckbeard The Pirate, Nov 26, 2009.

1. I'm about to embark on the wonderful journey of training imbuing but I am completely confused on how the skill actually works.

I'm looking to make a few items and was wondering how I can figure out if these items are indeed possible to imbue?

Composite Bow:
    50 Lighting, 50 Velocity, Spell Channel, Balanced

1/3, 10 Hit Chance, 25 Damage Increase, 5 Spell Damage Increase

1/3, 15 Hit Chance, 25 Damage Increase

Any input is greatly appreciated.
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    1 - impossible. Different properties have "weights" so they count as more than normal when adding to an item. Even at 4 properties, I think that the first three of the ring's properties would add up to a total weight of over 400 (though I could be wrong).

2. MIGHT be possible, or close to it (unsure of the weighting), but will require a 120 level gargoyle Imbuer using the Queen's forge to have much of a chance.

You might be able to come close to doing the Composite bow, if you are willing to tolerate SC -1, without the FC 1 to cancel out the -1 base from SC, but you'll probably have to also settle for less than 50% on the Lightning & Velocity (of course, going down to the low-mid 40s will allow you to do them without the rare ingredients as well).

For the ring, If the weights of the FC/FCR/HCI add up to over 400, you can trim back the DI a little, or just settle for 1/2 casting.
  3. Thank you! I'm just so confused on how properties add up. Can I pull off 1/3, 10 hit chance, 5 sdi?
  4. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Both possible I've seen an imbued brace today 1/3, DCI 15, HCI 15. DCI take more weight than DI, so you can make this no problem.
  5. I've benn doing imbuing for a while and I am still confused about it.:mf_prop: