1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

F.A.O Great DC

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Petra Fyde, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Re your tweak and suggestion
    Replies don't go in that thread, so I'll say this here. This has been addressed already - it's not possible.

Here's why http://uo2.stratics.com/miscellaneous/altering-items

Lajatang, kama, Sai, Elven Spellblade, Bladed Staff, Double Bladed Staff, Spear and Short Spear all convert to Dual Pointed spear - how would the game know what to convert back to?
    All footwear converts to talons.
    So if you'd converted Lieutenants boots, sollerets of sacrifice, unicorn sandals, soles of providence. How would the game know which to convert back into what?

I'm sorry I was unable to find the developer post to reference it, it may have been in an interview. I hope someone else will remember when this came up and confirm that I have remembered accurately.

2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

But, except for those items that are parts of 'sets' that combine to give a bonus, why would it matter what they convert back to, as long as the properties stay the same? With the new things in Castle Blackthorn, we now have multiple alternative items available for the older 'unique' style ones, I am not at all clear why it's a terrible or complicated thing to let the properties stay when you convert.... anything.

3. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What about a menu popping up with all possible choices and the user has to select one?

User interaction FTW, it's not rocket science...

4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure it would only take a check of the items name to determine what it would alter back into... see the screenshot below.

War Axe Altered.jpg

Notice the item is named "Vicious War Axe Of Restoration" It's been Altered to a Disc Mace since it dropped in shame a few weeks after the new loot system.

I don't see how it's not possible, but in all honesty it matters not to me...
    Although I do think for Artifact drops (direct-to-pack) should do a check of race, and only drop an item that characters race can use.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

The game could just ask which one we wanted. They all go on the feet. It couldn't hurt the game.

6. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The last time this came up we pointed out that the game already knows what the original item was and it's like fingers were stuck in ears and they started saying LALALALALALALALALA. It was back when they did the lackluster ask and answers where it was like they didn't even READ the questions they responded to half the time and many answers they gave were just plain wrong.

7. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe we should be able to return the altered items into the original items

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Not all items altered are artifacts with convenient names.
    However I started this thread only to explain that the question had come up before and had been answered.
    I did not expect it to turn into another extensive 'todo' list, which is what the aborted Ask and Answer became.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.