1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

F8 and F9 keys

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GL-Dexer, Sep 8, 2015.

1. GL-Dexer

GL-Dexer Visitor

Since the last patch my f8 and f9 keys no longer work for uo or uoassist. (when trying to set a macro it doesn't even come up) If I start an old client without assist it works just fine. any ideas on how to fix this?

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Check through your UOA keys function and look to see if any of them are set to use those keys.

UOA.jpg

Zuckuss likes this.
  3. GL-Dexer

GL-Dexer Visitor

I have nothing set to f8 or f9 in either assist or uo, (and it wont let me select either as one)

Ok I think I have narrowed it down to it being something with the client in itself.
    Client 7.0.45.65 neither key works (doesn't matter if I start client with assist or not)
    Client 7.0.45.0 it works just fine.

#3 GL-Dexer, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

That is weird.... My guess would be gremlins. I'd check the computer case just to be sure.

5. GL-Dexer

GL-Dexer Visitor

LOL its funny ou mention that because I just opened it to clean it out (just to make sure nothing was in there lol jk) actually I had went and bought a new keyboard thinking mine was dying out.. Think I will try uninstalling UO and reinstalling it.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  6. GL-Dexer

GL-Dexer Visitor

Ok so uninstalling and reinstalling did not work. even tried deleting the user data folder for UO

7. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd Google this question, I think you'll get a lot more answers and the solution there. I just purchased components and built a new desktop and I must have Googled 20 problems/questions to Google and to every one of them I got solutions. Buncha smart people hang out just waiting for your problem.

8. GL-Dexer

GL-Dexer Visitor

I tried looking up "uo update keys not working" and didn't really get an answer. (google usually answers all the important questions.) I also tried pressing shift,alt, or ctrl with either of those keys and it worked fine. So I think ive narrowed it down to it is just the pressing of either of those keys alone it doesn't work

9. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

when you hit F8 and F9 are your porch lights turning on and off? hehe

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  10. Odin of LS

Odin of LS Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Try pressing them with your other hand...This game can be fickle sometimes. o.0

11. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Somehow I feel this is not a game problem. Are those keys working on everything but UO? Are they set to a computer (not UO) setting?

Try this webpage and see if it pertains to your problem
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/894513

12. GL-Dexer

GL-Dexer Visitor

The keys are working in everything except the new client of uo and uoassist. I even ran a test with my Logitech G-software and tested every key, all work fine. Those keys have been a macro for me on several chars for a long time and only stopped working with the latest patch. Like I said earlier if I start the old client those keys work just fine as my macros.

13. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I had the same issue. One day... hit the F8 key and nothing. Double-checked for duplicate entries... nothing.

I ended up turning off "ID's (helps when multiple characters have same name)" and reactivating "names (default)" in UOAssist. After that and restarting everything, my F8 key started working again.

Probably not the real cause, but I'm too lazy to troubleshoot it further.