1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Facebook Games: Where Monetization Gimicks and User Growth Matter More Than Good Game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Muckbeast, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Muckbeast

Muckbeast Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

2. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Re: Facebook Games: Where Monetization Gimicks and User Growth Matter More Than Good

Very good read!!!

I play Might Pirates on facebook. I dont buy anything. I use up my energy and wait till the next day lol. Im cheap like that because its just a socail game. I do know of players that sink money into the game to advance faster.

Now their UI only sends presents to players you choose to send it. So if I have 10 people playing I can send it to them only but I have to choose those 10.

Sims social is EA so that should be expected from what I read in that article. Not all facebook games are bad bad but the idea is to make money so they will find ways to get you to spend it. EA is just worse then most.