1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Arty Idea

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lord_Puffy, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Seeing as I get bashed for speaking my mind, let me show you my last proposed way of dealing with these items.

I was actually wondering if someone could make a list with all of the prices at what is it 10:1 silver/gold ratio?

Might be alot easier and cause less confusion for people who dont know the prices. Maybe you wont have as many players over charging for faction gear.

Just seems like a good idea, and maybe even sticky it on top with a "Siege Faction Gear Prices & Sell/Buy Back Thread". I know someone else has already proposed his idea so I am not taking credit for it. But it would clear the boards of all the crap talk in the threads when people are actually just trying to get their gear back. And next thing you know its off course and its a he said she said e peen measuring contest.

Just have a mod go through that thread every couple of days ( and no Im not trying to tell you how to do you jobs. It is just a suggestion ) and go through and delete any posts that have nothing to do with buying/selling back faction gear. And as I said before maybe it would be easier for everyone to get on the same page with buying stuff back at the same price if it were posted on here and sticky'd. Maybe call it a visual reminder to not be a "explicit, explicit" and stay true to the buy/sell policy, reguardless who proposed it. I dont play here anymore and Im not even really one for building this community but I have my moments. Why dont you guys all put this crap behind you that has started to happen in the last few weeks. ALL move on from what each other said to one another. Just start selling the gear back at a 10:1 ratio, Stop playing gimp templates and work together, as a community.

Goodluck and I hope you all can come to some common ground and make an agreement.

Edit - Oh and everyone has been guilty of saying this myself included. "I play for fun" well prove it, everyone be the bigger man or woman and start things off on a clean state. Im sure this will also turn into a bash towards me, and in some peoples eyes I deserve it. But its just some food for thought. Even if just one person who stops being an "explicit explcit" than its a start.

As I said its just some food for thought, I mean we are all "Mature" adults here right?

And the ratio of 10:1 seems a little extreme to you guys so lets say a 5:1?

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Why not just remove the names and let anyone in factions use anyones armour???

Then it just goes back to being good armour.

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Why do you care? You don't even play the game...la

4. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I believe you referenced to my post here: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=124093

Credit where credit is due Puffy... :)

edit: Didn't notice the 'someone already said this, not taking credit' part Puff, sorry. :)

PS - And you're semi-serious, I was more semi-jest. Same end result I suppose.

5. I was gone when all this faction arty business started, but here is my take.

Like always, there are people I wouldn't loot or that I would just give their stuff back.

Then, there are others that I would sell their gear back. I don't understand why people sell faction armor back for gold. It makes much more sense to me to sell it back for silver. I'd charge half the cost up to level 4 items.

Any item over level four, I'd either give back (if I liked the person), or charge 10,000 silver or so, or I'd just throw it away. It isn't like they can't get another one, just have to farm more silver.

It is my opinion that people on Siege shouldn't be running around in artied out suits. I don't think that is the spirit of Siege and I think we have less fights now than we've ever had because the better the gear gets, the more people are scared to lose it.

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, it's clearly in the spirit of Siege. The fact these items can be looted is proof of it. People have run around in high end gear for years...hell, even before AoS. The people knew the risk if they were killed...they would lose the items. Sure many people just locked them up in a chest and never wore their high end gear, but at the same time, if you were confident enough in your ability to stay alive, people would do it.

Come on, how else would i have been able to disarm steal so many vaq weapons way back when?...la

7. I guess you and I will just disagree about that then. I don't think Siege is about Trammies running around in uber suits crying that no one will sell their stuff back and wanting the cost to be nothing so that they can equip that way perpetually. We might as well just have insurance if that is the case.

8. problem with taking the names off:they become normal artifacts, which makes doom pointless

i think the names should be taken off, but i also think the artifacts should have been faction unique from the start

instead of a kasa of the rajin there would be a similar item called shadow lord assasin kasa or something

not that this is a huge impact or anything, but as a role player in a role palying its important to me

and yes i agree with rico, people who are not going to give their money to EA have no say in any game issues,

9. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe Im planning return I dont know, you tell me.

And if you have a better idea lets hear it.

10. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Either do people who give them money so whats your point with that?

Ive just figured this out and your still in denial.

11. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea Puffy. Now that I'm back in action, I will try to Mod like you suggested - I too think the trash talk needs to stay outta certain threads.

12. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Tips hat goodluck I just hope you can get to it before some peopel get a chance to read respond. I think if the mods policed the threads a little more ( still not telling ya what to do just a suggestion. Please dont take it to heart its not meant to be that way. ) that it would be alot better for the whoel aspect of "building community" just my 2 cents.

I think mainly people have to become accountable for their actions in game and not point the finger at the next guy. Take a look in the mirror and try to become a better friend/foe and just start returning the items for free. They are useless to you besides the fact that you can make gps.

But if eveyone like they say plays for fun, it shouldnt be about teh gold and they wouldnt mind helping equip anenemy if that mean having someone to fight. Or yous can argue in this endless circle of pointing the finger and blame someone else. I guess what Im trying to say in short is, treat people the way you would like to be treated. :)

13. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Man, am I glad I waited for a post such as this.

All Hail Puffy, taking the road to reinvent himself.

I guess when you were scamming arties, gold, and any other items, it was for the "fun" of things. . . I guess when you were taking advantage of the trusting "community", it was for fun and to build a tougher community?

I guess what I'm trying to say in short is; you're a hypocrite, a scammer, and this reinvention you're trying to fool people with, is outright hilarious!

Good day Superboy! Lawl. *flex*

14. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I peed a little :lick:

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Hmmm... You folks ant to play? Skylark? The iron glove please...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.