1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Crafting

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tina Small, May 14, 2008.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I don't really play on Siege, but I have a question for all you friendly folk who do. Does faction crafting (other than trap deeds and trap removal kits) work? If yes, how do you get it to work? Seems like no one's able to get it to work correctly on other shards, so I'm curious whether someone has been persistent enough on Siege to try to figure out how to get it work.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I do not believe it does work. I have not seen faction crafted items in ages. Perhaps some one here will have a better answer.

3. Turtle

Turtle Guest

If your talking about making weapons ie the old factions weps, then no it was taken out of the game long ago.

4. Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

gone.gone.gone. none of the crafting skills excpept tinker still work.i guess the powers that be decided it would be too much fun and give people too much stuff to do besides pvp'ing. seriously i think it was because of being able to craft blessed items that it was taken out. of course with insurance on production shards and bless deeds of all kinds in todays uo it makes very little sense. if anything they shopuld revamp the way old crafter stuff works, faction crafted wepons w/o mods that are blessed for like a week. also gm armor i wouldnt have any problem with w/o mods that was the same.i think perhaps a combo of tinker/smith/tailor/carpentry would be nice for some advanced stuff, like catupults/cannons/barracades/siege machines with limited hit points. how about special ships that could be destroyed for sea battles? of course none of this will come to pass just a wish i guess.

5. So your saying I can Make Ecrus with Factions and they are blessed for 3 weeks?

6. Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

no,just tinkered faction traps and trap removal kits

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Thank you for all the replies.

Does anyone remember approximately when faction crafting (other than making trap deeds and trap removal kits) was disabled? I'm willing to dig back through publish notes but an approximate date (even just the year) would cut down a bit on the digging. (This also assumes the act of disabling faction crafting was noted and not just slipped in quietly.)

8. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I think they should allow faction crafting, but on siege there should only be a single blessed item, from your Siege bless. There are too many bless items in game already...la

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!