1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Faction Gear and Non-Faction Characters.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarderDragon, Jan 12, 2011.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Oct 9, 2008
    As it stands Faction characters have a significant advantage over and above normal characters in PvP. And when it is not feisable to join a Faction - i.e. Your Guild - one is left at a disadvantage.

What if Faction Gear could be sold to non-Faction Characters?

Factioners would still control the gear. It would have to be earned. Factioners would have something from the realm of PvP that could be sold and exchanged for a profit.

Would this prompt an increase in faction-related activity due to the demand for such gear?
  2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

No, it wouldn't. Also if the problem is "i.e. Your Guild" then you are pvping alone? Also...whole guilds could join a faction with out ever having to worry about factions. I will admit it is the only argument I have ever heard that actually makes any sense, as I wouldn't leave the people I enjoy talking to/playing with just for items, but then again I lead them into factions and subsequently death as well.

I still hold the same stance that faction gear is not so over powered that "you", being those not in a faction, can not compete, they just offer perks, and on less populated shards the ability to put a suit together more easily (based on time and money consumption).

Edit: When I say it wouldn't increase Faction related activities, I mean it in such a way that the most efficient way to get silver and thus pay for the gear is pvming. Also I don't know the exact rules but I do know I don't always receive gold when I kill a person (I assume it is linked to gaining honor/points.)
  3. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

I think they gave the faction items out to increase PvP, which it actually has. Granted some people just "buy" points off people so they can use the items to PvM with. They need to drop the 10% point system and just give a point if you did the most damage in a fight. a point for stealing a sigil. and make it so you cant lose points when you are in stat (does away with stupid archers with ss).
  4. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    The only advantage factioners have over anyone else in pvp is live mount that can he ressed with no skill. The gear is irrelevant.