1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction gear?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Black magick, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Alright, I'll probably be joining factions in a little bit, so I'd like to know whose gear will get sold back (aka. those who would sell me mine back for gold) and those whose gear i'm trashing (those who want something other than that or are going to trash mine). thanks :)

2. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why don't you take the high road and find out for yourself? Be the first to offer someone's stuff back and see what happens from there.

3. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Good question. However, perhaps its best to enjoy the gear while you have it. In short what you get should always be considered expendable, that way if you do run across people who take your gear you won't be mad if they choose to trash it. There are good people here but as this is a game no one is bound by any rules stating to return things after their taken. Some trash gear, some sell it back, but reguardless... this is a part of Siege Perilous. Accept it my friend and enjoy a good game.

4. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Trashing my gear wouldn't bother me, I'm just wondering who I can expect to trade with me, so I know which peoples faction arties to steal or who to loot first. :) If I steal or loot an arty of one who won't its only worth as much to me as the excitement I may or may not get out of it. That's why I'm asking. :)

5. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

looks to me like ya trying to :stir: up some more **** we got enough of that:yell:

6. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Nah, i think after 2 threads or so it got old.. I'm just curious as where each person stands.

7. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

The actions of WCB, GIL and myself are know.

8. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

He meant known. I think the n got traded for faction gear.

9. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Yes and are noted, this was more for the members of koc and tnt as individuals.

10. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

This is my stance on the whole faction items. I joined this shard to pvp and win. Why would i want to return my enemys items? Making it easy for them to re equip these over powered items. I Liked when vortex said trashing these items was a protest to their existance.
    I would rather them have to spend their time to farm some silver so i can catch them away from luna.
    Thus ending in a Pwn in Da Jib 1vs1 style

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I think it really depent of you. There will never be clear rules for this, the same person who will trash your item, may sell back to someone else or even leave the item on the body.

Respect is earned.

12. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

sorry to say but most likely the silver farmers you find are going to be untouchable..at least if they know the easy way

13. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just to be clear, what I said was I could understand someone trashing the items in protest of their existance. But I also said if anyone is going to claim that as a reason, then they should not wear them and the should trash their guildmates items as well - something I doubt anyone would do.

Not wanting to equip your enemies is a much better reason, imo. I don't follow that, in fact I almost never loot at all, but at least its a better reason than doing it out of spite.

14. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Kill their pet...la

15. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

aye tis possible, but only a minor setback =) its really a flawless operation

16. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Sly took it! Give my friggin N back Sly! It's not funny anymore. :coco:

17. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Better yet lure it away to a spot it wont die, then leave them both. The pet will lose loyalty quickly out of sight of it's master, unbond, and will take a skill/stat hit on retame, or even be killed later if the owner waits too long to find it.

18. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes that is a very great idea, Im guessing that the game mechanics are still allowing stuff to be sent to the bank while dead/overwight/overitem'd. And no this is not a bug or an exploit. It's manuvering through the game's mechanics and understanding how to use them to your advantage. (although it seems pretty lame now with silver being the main way to obtain the new items.)

Talk about ruining the game. I think I might just be canceling my last account. :hahaha:

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I believe that gathering silver in this way will be stopped, just as gathering the 10th anniversary drops the same way was stopped when it was pointed out to the devs.

In the meantime, I'm inclined to agree with T'challa. Lure the pet off to where it will lose loyalty and go wild. You could even go so far as to go back later and kill the, now wild, former pet.

20. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

blak magik i will sell items back if/when i decide to play again ive lost lost all interest in this game