1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction horse fix

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Novak(Caci), Feb 5, 2011.

1. Novak(Caci)

Novak(Caci) Guest

hallo

The point in pvp is that faction player get faction
    horses and have insane advantage in pvp against player
    wich arent in faction.
    Normal player wich arent in faction use normal mounts.
    If you dismount them and make a litle damage on ther nomral mounts they cant
    get on mount obvously the mount isnt dead and this player die.
    The faction player if you do damage on their faction horses they still can get on their mount and escape.The other thing is if a faction horse die the faction player can instantly rezz it and further ride it and escape.
    This is a big advantage if you are into faction.
    Normal pvp player wich arent into faction have now a big disadvantage.
    I hope the devs fix this.

2. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, the riding swipe special has been broken forever with faction mounts. Probably won't get fixed anytime soon buddy. Since the release of Samurai Empire's it has been broken :/.

3. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Didn't they just release a patch that included a fix to that exact thing though, could of sworn I saw it.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just join a faction and get a warhorse. Or use teleport scrolls. Or get ninjitsu. I don't know, it's not a new problem, and it isn't really a bug, healing a war horse w/ bandages and no skill is intended, I thought?

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

And the disadvantage is that you go into stat for 20 minutes when you die, no guard zones if you're orange to people, and other various things (not being able to party ppl not in the same faction for instance)
    If there were no disadvantage to faction play, you'd be on a faction character and not complaining about them.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not healing; rezzing.

You rez a dead Faction Warhorse by laying a single bandage on it.

It isn't instant, takes several seconds, and like a player it rezzes at minimal, if any, health.

I have never even tried to mount a warhorse in such a state, it would never occur to me too. I heal it up first.

Armored Swamp Dragons are actually arguably better for PvP these days. The damage absorbing is still PvM only, but when armored the swampies now have actual resists, making them tougher to drop when their owners have been knocked off of them.

-Galen's player

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Is that a bug though? I'll have to read through patch/pub notes but I thought they were intended to be healed w/ bandages and no skill?

8. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

So..civilians should be allowed the same weapons as the military?

9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Intended.

I am 100% sure.

This being UO they could always change their minds and say it's always been a bug.

But I am 100% sure it was intended at the time. It was in the Publish Notes.

-Galen's player

10. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed

Join factions and stop hugging the GZ.

11. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think so! Did they? Maybe I'm just a fossil remembering things from the past.

12. UO Plays Me

UO Plays Me Visitor

You're forgetting that you can no longer med through armored swamp dragons, which pretty much eliminates 95% of PvP templates from using one. Like I stated in a different thread, just make them available to all players.

13. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Umm... I med on my armored swampy all the time :/. Maybe I'm special!

14. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is true.

Looks like someone didnt even try it and went straight to QQing on forum.

As far as I see it, faction horse is invaluable and unstat-able is also invaluable.
    Most people who dont want to join faction are unwilling to put up the 20 min statloss because they can come back over and over again.

So statloss and warhorse or no statloss and swampy/ethy or heck play a template that doesnt require a live mount to be effective and they are plenty out there.

In real world defending a spawn its a lot more easier to fight off 5 people and stat some of them per push then to fight 3 bluebies that just dont stop coming back with possibly another client running a stealth rezzer some where. It's so ******** I dont even want to mention it especially if you are already being outnumbered.

Edit: If you are required to get frozen in the same spot for at least 5 minutes before the rez gump will come up then you might have a point. Atm I see nothing but people who wants everything and doesnt want to sacrifice anything.

15. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Bingo. I cannot see why people just don't join factions. I can understand the dislike of statloss but the real chance to "win" a fight far outweighs the loss that 20 mins gives. Nothing annoys me more then 3 oranges hugging the gate with 57 blues just waiting for a red faction player(s) to show up, I'd love to see some sort of blues can't attack a faction player but a murderer is a murderer so it's free for them to attack at will....oh how I LOL.

16. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

Great Lakes is like that now. Just a few factioners still playing because the shard is littered with blue (non)faction heroes, with a sprinkle of pop-shot stealth factioners when you're low on life.

17. focus > meditation in pvp