1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Items

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Banchee, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Banchee

Banchee Guest

Why doesn't a small group of people who are good at pvp and who hate the faction items create a guild. The people in the guild would wear regular suits, travel together, kill faction arty people and trash the items. After some point people wont bother wasting time getting the arties and pvp with regular items. Problem solved.

2. quazion

quazion Guest

Again i am going to type this, some guilds where running full artifact suits before the faction armour arrived. They had a clear advantage at the time, some even called them cheaters.
    This will not change inbalanced PvP, you need time or funds to grind for Artifacts to build a good suit to PvP, faction items just makes this easier. You will never and i mean never be able to compete in GM armour with regular other items, get over it this UO is about equipment.

Ganking folks in groups will not make the server a nicer place to hang around. When i left last time (about 1 year ago) the whole server was Dismount Stealth Archers and Tamers to kill in groups...it was no fun...

3. SavageSP

SavageSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Because the day EA scrapped Vanquishing Weapons and went with all the modified gear and arties we now play with, the game was completely changed and will never go back. Ea will only add more and more from now till UO dies.

Its a game of Items more then it ever was, if you have equal numbers and skill, one group in only GM Gear and the other in in Runic+ any Artifacts(major/minor/doom/crafted/faction) for that Templet, the GM guys lose everytime with equal skill and numbers. Thats why you see Pets and Zergs.

Since the Items will always be used, you need to be equipped to compete if everything else is equal.

4. Banchee

Banchee Guest

I'm not saying you will always win, but replacing a suit worth 60k verse them replacing a suit worth over 1 mil will take a toll on faction people. Also, you don't have to fight in even numbers and if you take one out it will take them a week before they can gank you with faction gear. Lastly, pvp has caps in it. Meeting those caps with lower quality armor is not overly hard. Especially since you can bless one item. Just saying of some of you dont like these faction item ways do something about it.

5. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

:sad3: Sad but true, hopefully they fix some of these problems before its to late.

6. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

They need to do a few things:

Reintroduce tokuno arties. Giving EVERYONE the ability to use arties such as RBC and storm grips, but with not quite such buffed resists, that way factioners are still given a small reward for the risk they take, but not much. Also, increase drop rates of HOTL totem of the void, crystaline rings, etc. I also believe reintroduction of cursed artifacts would help the every-man cause.

7. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Im not being an ass or anything, but would you actually have fun fighting in a gm light archer suit with a regular katana, or a mage with no fc/fcr/sdi?. The new items and skills alow a wide variety of templates to be created, thus creating more fun and more diversity...Every game that has ever been created was based around ITEMS. UO from its very origin was based around items. A guy could one hit kill you with a vanq wep when they first came out...thus creating a need/want for vanq weps.

I completely agree with speedy on this one, increase drop rates of harder items, and bring back the cursed arty spawn. It was an awesome event, and gave life to pvm again.