1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Points Bug?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Berethrain, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I don't recall if this was part of the new points system. But while playing my thief that doesnt have any points, I died and lost 4 points to the killer? How is this even possible?

2. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

your thief had 0 points and now your -4?

i know that once you get over 10 you loose a % just like always, but i didnt know you could give more then 1 point if you have under 10.

i guess the good news is you cap at -5 if that helps any?

3. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think it goes by rank. Which sucks, since rank updates slowly. You can continue to lose rank 10 points throughout a faction fight, even after dropping well below rank 10 point levels.

Did you have a bugged rank? I know, in the past, I've had quite a few characters at -6 holding a rank of 8.

4. Berethrain

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the replies. The thief was a defender with 0 points, so I think those coordinated. I havent used him to get any sigils or kills in a few years. I looked in the journal when he died and it said you have lost 4 points for being vanquished blah blah.

Pretty sure this isn't correct. Though Im not even sure it's worth reporting.

#4 Berethrain, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  5. Speaking the Truth

Speaking the Truth Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Instead of losing 10% you lose points based on rank. So even if you only have 1 point and you're rank 1, you will lose 4 points.

6. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Everytime I login my rank changes. Once day I'm rank 4, next I'm rank 5. Then back to 4. No idea wth is going on.

7. Berethrain

Stratics Veteran

Yeah, that'd be it then. I pull my hair out thinking how badly factions have been ran into the ground. I dont ever recall asking for a new points system.

When people asked for the ranking system to be fixed, they wanted the existing one to work. I just don't get it...

8. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

holy hell thats been in the game for 7 months and i didnt even know it, hahahha

and wow does that look like it sucks!
    is there any worse insult then dieing but dieing with 0 kill points and then loosing 4 points on top of that UBER sucks, haha

9. Berethrain

Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I guess that makes at least 2 of us. Not that I really care, but a head scratcher either way. I'm pulling the rest of my characters out now, seems pointess to eat a random statloss in a gank.