1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction rank?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, May 13, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

how is your rank determined? i guess its kill points but if for example i reach rank 4 then get killed a bunch of times and lose the rank will i no longer be able to equip the items?

thanks

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Faction items are ranked... 1, 4, 7, 9 and 10 and you need to be the correct rank to wear them, although I'm not sure if they will drop to your pack if you drop below rank while wearing them. As a thief, that never happened to me. lol If you don't get many faction kills at first, it's easy enough to gain faction points and maintain them if you have the ability to steal sigils.

Here is a link to the faction items with their ranks and descriptions. :)

3. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Thank you for that! i had seen the rankings and thier items that go with them but was wondering about the kill to rank ratio? ie how many points to advance in rank?

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It's pretty straight-forward. Rank 10 requires 10 faction points, so I presume the lower ranks follow the same logic. Someone else may be able to verify that for you.

5. Nickster

Nickster Guest

thanks for that, i expected it to be like that but wasn't too sure, I will polish up my skills then get in on the action :)

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

Sorry kitty kat, that is incorrect.

It works on a balanced tier system based on how many rank 10 people are in your faction I believe.

When I was in KOC and we were in the same faction as tnt, it required like 7 kill points to be rank 10, where as since we (V) are the only shadowlords guys, and we don't have alot of members, last I checked, you needed 2 kill points for rank 10.

On prodo the number is extremly high to be rank 10

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Thanks for clearing that up! I gave my crafter 12 [I think] kill points to wear a rank 10 item, so I presumed it was 10 for rank 10! So much for using my logic! lol

8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Some prodo needs high rank, i have rank 9 on my thief on GL with 2kill points.

I believe the way you described is correct, i think its the number of points in the total faction/the number of players in said faction of rank 2or higher...summing like that.

And, yes if you drop rank while items are equiped they drop to your pack unable to use them. However, its not instant. If you die enough to lose your rank it will only come into affect at the next update to faction standings.

9. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can wear a few of the better items when you first join, RBC, Fey legs and Storm Grips!

10. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

i know last time i was on LS which was a couple months ago but i had 20 kill points and could only equip level 5 armor i needed 28 killpoints to get to level 10.
    it depends on how high the top player of your faction is they determine how many points is needed for each rank im not sure of the calculation but i do know the highest player in each faction determines it

since no one player has over 1000 killpoint in siege 10 points should get you level 10 in any faction