1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Statloss.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

With changes to faction, maybe take a look at the statloss time?

When they made factions you didn't have all the lame tactics to kill that you do today. And Fights are over alot faster today.

So maybe change it to 10-12 mins?

[​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Statloss times are fine, if anything I'd recommend making statloss apply to all characters in the faction on the same account not individual character based now that you can add multiple characters.
    But that's probably a bit too far.

3. I would like to see us have a chance to try playing for a while with the changes coming in the next publish before any further tweaks are made. Perhaps if more people join up and have a chance to play for a while with the skill loss rule the way it is now, the feedback about it will be broader based and as a result, perhaps more valid regarding whether or not the rule needs to be completely eliminated or tweaked.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

But this isn't currently up on test, correct? I know the publish is coming, but I didn't think we were in active testing already.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Statloss times are fine, if anything I'd recommend making statloss apply to all characters in the faction on the same account not individual character based now that you can add multiple characters.
    But that's probably a bit too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh thats true, didn't think of more chars on acc.

6. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

imagine how much fun its gonna be.

ya run into a fight.
    ya die.
    log out, come back on toon #2.
    die.
    come back on toon #3.
    die.
    all the way up too toon #7.

now you have to spend 2 hours to get all 7 out of stat.
    hahahahhahaa

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Factions without reward = pointless

8. I agree factions need rewards to have justification, but also the commonly used exploits need to be fixed.

What's the point of adding all kinds of nice rewards to reward people for using wand sploits and timer sploits? I say punish people for cheating and reward people for playing the game as it was intended.

I'll wait to judge faction statloss until I see how it plays out. I think applying statloss to all factioned characters on an account is ok as long as you can wait off the faction timer on your account when logged in on any of those chars. Granted, that could open up people to using a character with hiding to wait off faction stat.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

This discussion is inane. Anyone who has seriously played factions knows that stat loss makes it the one unique aspect not like all the rest of the bang bang shootem up doom quake crap uo has to offer.
    IMO factions is not broken its all this ADD chatter going on. "Ohh dear its toooo hard, oh noooo make it go faster its too slow I want it now!"
    give me a break!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Factions without reward = pointless

[/ QUOTE ]

Pub52:

Faction changes
    • Turn off load balancing between factions; factions can grow to any size
    • Allow multiple characters from the same account onto the same faction
    • Reduce faction quit time from 7 to 3 days
    • Fix stairs for ghosts (should resolve issues with the SL base)
    • Interesting rewards for participating in the war while in factions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope the event will somehow end with a factionwar!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

This discussion is inane. Anyone who has seriously played factions knows that stat loss makes it the one unique aspect not like all the rest of the bang bang shootem up doom quake crap uo has to offer.
    IMO factions is not broken its all this ADD chatter going on. "Ohh dear its toooo hard, oh noooo make it go faster its too slow I want it now!"
    give me a break!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive played faction since day one. And i don't want it removed, i just find that 15 mins statloss with todays item pvp, would fit better. Thats all.

12. My question is why reds do not have statloss, but factions do. Reds are the ones who go raiding, and can simply jump right back into the raid after they're ressed. People should want to join factions, but don't want to because the negatives that come along with joining, including statloss.