1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Suit Buybacks ...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hef, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hef

Hef Guest

Lets try to come to a more concise agreement. When comes to the selling back of gear lets ALL (TnT,KoC, and any other guild out there) agree on a price range from FREE to a max of 10 gps per. The person selling or giving back for free will decide on their relationship with that person. Meaning if you like the person its given back for free or at a cheap price but if you dislike the person it will be sold at a max of 10 gps. Because this will seriously get out of hand quick so lets all be civil please and make it fun to play Siege. Agreed?

2. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

From the posts I have read today it seems to me that you need to be speaking to your guild and not the shard. And if this is the case I am sure that Kat would like you to keep posts of this nature on your private boards and not here on stratics. So when you can get your people to abide by this I know that KOC has already been trying.

3. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

My pricing are all @ 10 gp per, nm who it is. As you may of seen in my thread, even D got the same treatment and well, I think he's a complete . . .nvm. :D

p.s. I'm kind of curious who is either sitting on nearly 2 whole suits of mine, or were the items trashed? Both suits lost in one night, about two weeks ago now. Just curious, being I know it was a horde of TnT.

4. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

I'll go on the record as saying I've not had one problem trading or buying my items back from either TnT or KOC. Both sides have been honorable.

The only person ever not to return or resell my items has been Maker. That's why his suit sits locked down on my floor. The rest I return or sell back asap.

5. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

This post is pathetic. From the post you've read.....hehe

You should read more than just today. lolol

Sorry Hef......some ppl will just have nothing but negative to post. I can understand if they want to counter anything I have to post, but to post ****t like this when your trying to have everyone come to an agreement.

6. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I have to agree.....Sakey has been fair and sold everything for a fair even price to everyone.......

Where was I when TNT horde looted 2 suits.......damn. Not for sure who has these suits.

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

As a TnT Emmisary and PvP leader, Hef certainly has my blessing to handle this issue here and in our private forums as he deems necessary. Hattori and I back his efforts on this issue and hope it can be resolved so that everyone can focus on having fun, instead of bickering about armor.

8. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Ditto......and I support my Guild Leader. To be a good Leader....one must be a good follower. I'm trying at both really hard. Sorry everyone, especially to Kat:lick:

All jokes aside......I support Hef and TNT.

9. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Mono.... are you following Hef's buy back policy when it comes to hugi?

Yes or No? Its a simple question.

If you are then by all means it seems that I was wrong and I am sorry for thinking TnT (or more to the point you) were less than willing to follow YOUR proposed rule set.

If you aren't... well my post is correct and no amount jibber jabber from you will change the fact that you agree with your guildmate's proposed policy on the forums but think he is a joke behind his back. It is very disrespectful towards Hef and I feel sad that this is the support he can count on from his guildmates.

10. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Everything on my vendor is 10gp per.

For those who find their stuff higher here and there, maybe there is a message being sent but not properly interpreted.

Thanks for the post Hef.

11. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Hattori for supporting Hef in this.

I am not sure what you mean about messages and interpretation thou...
    can you interpret this please??

This is either supported by the shard or it will not work. I can understand not being able to get some random nobody to agree to this but between the three guilds we should have strong enough leaders to bring our people to there senses.

12. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Enigma - Hef is well aware that holding everyone to a strict sellback and pricing policy, would be difficult. The thing to remember here is that as a whole, TnT is willing to sell back and armor isn't being trashed. Lets try to keep it that way instead of bashing and arguing.

13. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Enigma.....I totally support Hef and if he asked me to sell Hugi's ****t back cheap or even give back free, I would.

This post is ironic.......your bashing me for my posts and for not supporting Hef. Which I'm trying to make a point that you should be looking into your own guilmate like humm "Huggi". Ask any of your guildmate....I've given their items back free. Maybe you could spend more time setting little guidelines with your guild.

14. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

15. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Problem is Mono, you say Bo doesnt or hasnt sold back stuff at the prices set by Hef, and that is just untrue. If you read that other thread, you would see Hef even say, Bo was selling stuff back at cheap rates. And if you asked your guildmates they would have told you same thing. So again why wouldnt do it for Bo??? You are simply making things up about Bo, you assumed Bo wasnt selling the stuff back, oh guess what you assumed wrong.

16. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Hugi did agree to it from what I saw... stuff was and has been on his vendor since Hef came out witht he idea for the correct low prices...

17. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

...la

18. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Im asking at this moment......If you have sold items back, I will make a public apology.

19. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

As for clarification;

There are some animosities that will not be overcome regarding looted item give / sell / wrestle for / hide and seek to get / etc back.

This is a simple fact and should not cause too much problem with regard to the day-to-day item return policies. In the end though, some people rub some people so wrong, there won't be complete compliance ever, nor would most GMs require it.

The message is… if your stuff is expensive, you pissed someone off pretty damn bad and they have a grudge against you for it. Be nicer, pay the price, or go farm silver.

20. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Mono I have sold gear back even before the whole 10gps idea. I even gave all of calamans gear back to kage, so that kage could trade back for his gear. The whole world knows how much i dislike that guy.... well enough said about that. I have even gone as far as proclaimed publicly that I will not loot anyone from GIL at all!

That is were you lose me Hattori. This is a TnT idea. Hef started it, he is yours. There are only 3 guildleaders. KOC Elmer,GIL Hoffs, and TnT Kat. KOC and GIL are down with your idea and have already begun to set the prices by your standards. So if this is your idea and MOST of the guild leaders have agreed to it then why haven't you been able to get your players to agree to your own idea??

21. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Be sure to let me know who all is sitting on my two suits then. *wink*

22. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

i guess I'm few days behind on getting the correct story. I ow a partial apology to Hugi.

It's only a partial apology because it took Kage to convince Hugi to support Hef's idea. Hugi at first was not going to support until Kage convince him. But, either way.....I apologize and Bo's item will be set at normal price.

Next time Kage......don't post on shard like Hugi was all for Hef's idea when you had to convince Hugi. Thanks.

23. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No you are referring to an ICQ message between me and Hef.

I told Hef on ICQ that I might have to work on Hugi... but I never said one word to him and he found some of his items on a vendor, and made his own deciscion...

And the next time Hef feels that he need to tell something that was said between me and him on ICQ he may wanna check back in with me and see if I actually had said something to the person..

24. Hef

Hef Guest

Now that everything is worked out... as Forsaken would say ... its time for a group hug

:grouphug:

25. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Did I say Hef? I've been known to have conversations with members in KOC. Check with your guildmembers Sir. I believe Hugi has voiced his oppinion not only to you.

26. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You didn't have to... He told me on ICQ :)

27. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I guess theres no secrets among us then.....hehe:lick:

28. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mono you are 100% wrong in thinking any of Bo's guildmates had to convince Bo do sell things back at a fair price. Like Bo said from the begining "until Bo saw some sorta change from TNT" which Bo did. Bo actually saw Bo's items on vendors for fair prices. That day Bo loaded up Bo's vendor with the stuff Bo had. Since then Bo has put the stuff on a vendor and sold it back at those prices. No guildmate has or has had to say anything to Bo about it.
    Bo also thinks you are a chicken **** for not apologizing and making up more stories about Bo. Havent you learned to not make things up about Bo yet. You dont have to admit it but Bo believes everyone can see you are jealous of The Bo, and hence have to make things up about Bo.

29. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about two entire suits but I did loot a few of your items, three I think and sold them back to you off my SE luna Vendor.

very cheap I might add!!

30. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

The red myst dismounter STILL has my junk....

Are they held acountable to this agreement being as they are getting involved in faction fights and are allied with tnt ???

Im all for the agreement i think its a good idea, but if its not going to be agreed on both sides then there is no point in even trying....

31. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Can't say that i've gotten even 1/3 of my suits back so if you've gotten half yours, your doing well.

32. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This post was full of ghay...99% of shard complies to set standards except for a few and everybody wigs out. Krazyness!!!!

33. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If it seems everyone is wigging out well maybe we are. Maybe we are wigging out because the 1% of people not complying is from the group that is asking for this to happen. For the first time since the ban on trading with REV or the time the whole shard hated VJ for the Folger comment, we have a chance as a community to set aside all our petty differences and agree on ONE topic.

My enemy suggested this change in shard policy and even thou I hate TnT this is a good idea for the enitre community...everyone benefits. So i set aside my dislike for anyone in TnT and agreed to their idea as did all my KOC guildmates as did all of GIL. So yes I am a little confused when the people who asked for this to happen will not honor it themselves.

I only hope that this can work as I believe it can work. Will it take strong leadership from the three guildleaders. Yes I think it will. I know that Elmer and Hoffs have already gotten there members to follow there example because they are strong and respected leaders. I think the ball is in your court Kat....the only question now is what are you gonna be able to do with it.

34. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Monolith has agreed to trade to Bo as he stated in a post above. Case closed, unless you all just want to keep bickering, in which case, have at it.

35. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I will say this publicly, If I loot any faction artys from anyone of TnT/Gil/WcB/JsV or whoever, I will let you know on the field what I have of yours and or PM you, and its yours for free...and for FYI, I wont come on the boards pounding my chest displaying that I have your gear either, My ego isnt in that need of supply, who cares if and how you died, it coulda been by a massive gank, that doesnt mean I was JonnyRockstar and Killed you by myself....everyone knows what I mean....

Not to sound weird, but I keep track of who treats me with the same respect,
    If my items are sold back to me, when I have given all there gear back for nothing, well you can guess what I will do with that individual, I wont hold all of TnT/Gil/WcB/JsV accountable for one or two......I will be forced to sell there gear to them at the same rate and speed....

36. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

D, you were in my thread yesterday and I am trying to sell the items I have of yours and others. (Same price and will bump my thread)

I just don't like wasting time and money on items to sit on a vendor. As I'm sure others don't like to as well. PM or ICQ me when you're ready to buy your stuff off Yew Gate Vendor.

37. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Elmer - I think your approach is maybe one we can all try to follow. Given various personalities and other variables, this "deal" has a lot of potential to go south and pretty quickly. Keeping the attitudes and chest beating from all sides, to a minimum is a good idea.

On another note, there are several of us, in both guilds who do not frequent Stratics forums on a regular basis. I have also had members asking me if I have various members of other guilds on ICQ and there are quite a few that aren't on my or any TnT ICQ lists. In an effort to keep the lines of communication open, we can create a "directory" of Siege ICQ numbers on our public forum, if you all think that will be helpful. That way, TnT, KoC, GIL or anyone, can post their contact info. I can sticky such a thread so it is available for quick reference when necessary. The same could be done here on Stratics instead, presuming the mods approve. Just a thought!

38. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Doesnt sound like a bad plan at all, I have alot of TnT's icq's, but others, im in short suppy of, Id like to be able to get ahold of Gil or WcB, or at least there GM's so theres a point of contact

39. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have no objection to such a list, but does everyone want that information permanently available on somewhere as publicly accessible as Stratics? There are a lot more people read the board than post it.

40. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Given that we can deny adding people we aren't familiar with, I don't have a problem with it. Most of us post our ICQ number on sale threads, etc, anyway.

I have added a sticky thread on our public forum if anyone is interested in doing this, but one here on Stratics will work, too. Either way, the objective is the same and that is to keep the lines of communication open and hopefully make tradebacks a little easier for everyone.

41. Petra Fyde

oki. However I'm reluctant to add more sticky threads. How would it be if we put them on the end of the faq thread? If everyone sends them to me by pm I'll put them all into a single post. In the case of people who are on my icq list just send me an icq saying 'yes, put me on the list'

42. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Works for me. Thanks! Maybe start a thread letting people know so that its not burried here in this thread?

43. Petra Fyde

since you already have a thread on the subject, I'll add to that, and if needed, bump it till we have the list.