1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Thief help

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Ceno of MT, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ceno of MT

Ceno of MT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I am torn as to what kind of faction thief i wish to have, I've looked around the forums and got some ideas but not sure if they are good lol

this is what I have so far, keep in mind i have the burgler bandana and shadow dancer leggings
    GM hiding
    80 stealth (locked, 110 with bandana/leggings)
    Meditation 91.8
    49.1 stealing (thinking of getting to 80 so ill have 110 with items)
    70 magery (locked)
    60 ninjitsu (locked)
    40 necro (locked)
    and im working on detect hidden as well, but not sure how much you need to reveal faction traps.

I'm thinking of dropping necro and 'maybe' even detect hidden for anatomy/healing

please let me know what you all think

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

This is the template I use for base skills on my faction thieves:

100 Remove Trap
    100 Detect Hidden
    100 Tracking
    100 Hiding
    100 Magery
    90 Stealthing
    80 Stealing
    50 Lockpicking (minimum required to have Remove Trap skill)

3. Cadderly

Cadderly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Tina uses about the same as myself except instead of magery I have ninjitsu so I can smoke bomb and move faster then a snail when stealthed. For offence and deffence I just carry some potions with me... I'm toast out in open but the point isn't to be seen right!

imo the thieves that are just plain tuff to kill all have 120 steal, hiding, and stealth.

4. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T Guest

Fencing: 110.0
    Ninjitsu: 110.0
    Resisting Spells: 105.0
    Hiding: 100.0
    Snooping: 100.0
    Stealing: 100.0
    Stealth: 95.0

Wear the shadow dance leggings for 120 stealing and 115 stealth! Resillient brace for 120 resist!
    Fencing is for Shadow Strike =]

5. Ceno of MT

Stratics Veteran

ok so I finally made up my mind on my skills but I have 40 points left over that Im not sure where to put them
    So heres what I am looking for:
    100 Hiding
    100 detect hidden
    100 remove trap
    80 stealth
    80 stealing
    70 magery
    60 ninjitsu
    50 lockpicking
    40 necromancy
    680 Total points used out of 720

Any ideas for the last 40 points?

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Perhaps put it into tracking?

7. Arabella

Arabella Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you are human, you can use your jack of all trades to track ppl, it might take several trys, but you will eventually get it. I would split the difference between magery and ninja.

8. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Chance to track is about as influenced by the Detect Hidden Skill as it is tracking. So as is, you will do some damned fine tracking using human skill.

I'd put the other 40 in your ninjitsu. At GM your mirror images will work beautifully, and you can get into a nice fast llama/ozzy form reliably.

You're a very defenseless thief, however. Shadow Dancers will give you enough skill to 120 your stealth. You'll be harder to track, and even DP wont reveal you. With no combat skill or parry, you'll want to be as sneaky as possible.

Very good temp. Magery is excellent in a faction thief.

9. Ceno of MT

Stratics Veteran

Well Ive never been that great at PvP so I thought id give myself more of a chance to get away than to stand and fight. Ive always been good at getting out of trouble lol
    I mainly picked magery so Id be able to heal myself if need be and enough to cast invis if I have a dexxer on my tail.
    Sadly the shadow dancer stuff doesnt get me to 120, it gets me to 110 so i would have to put 30 in ninjitsu and 10 more in stealth

thank you all for the ideas, if anyone has any more input please let me know!

10. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, I thought you had 40 leftover anyway. Put on Shadow Dancers, lower your real stealing by 20, then you have 60 extra points. Put 20 more in stealth, that makes it 120, and you have 40 to put in Nijitsu.

Edit: The magery is more useful for teleport, dispel field, and e-fields than it will be for healing. Tele and hide is a nice trick. Dispel field and e-fields will save your ass in any faction base. Stopping to heal is rarely an option for a thief. Id recommend getting an ecru and relying mostly on pots.