1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Faction Vendors?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Evil Wear, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Evil Wear

Evil Wear Visitor

The question hit me today and I don't have an answer, so I come here asking...

With the upcoming changes to factions and VvV being introduced, are they removing faction vendors completely? Are we going to have a way to buy reagents, ore, lumber, and bottles like we do now?

Anyone?

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you can still buy up normal vendors... to max of 999..

3. Evil Wear

Evil Wear Visitor

Right, but, does the cost of the reagent go up? If so, that defeats the purpose of the regeant vendor for factions, considering that the Treasurer of the town sets the price from anywhere between -300 - +300.

I know when I buy apples or grapes in bulk the cost will start really low and then, the more I buy, they will go up. For instance I started buying apples at 3gp/per and now that same vendor is at 78gp/per, because once you buy them out and they restock, the price changes.

Does this happen to reagent vendors (that you know of)?

As someone who sells 'enchanted apples' that is a cost that I have to apply to the people that are buying the finished product, and at some point (economic principle) the cost is going to outweigh the need and thus I am going to have to find something else to sell.

Anyone have an answer?

4. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No. The price of reagents on regular NPC vendors is fixed. But the vendors have limited stock of reagents, so you need to wait for them to resupply (it takes ~5 mins) before you can buy reagents again. At least, the amount of reagents in their inventory doubles (up to a maximum of 999) every time they restock.

azmodanb likes this.
  5. Evil Wear

Evil Wear Visitor

Nice, good to know. Thanks!

Now, if they'd only do this with apples/grapes.. haha