1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Factions Issue

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Guardian KX, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

This is my issue with factions. I don't think it is fair when a mega overpowered faction person runs up and attacks me. If the same person doesn't have all those bonuses he wont run around locating farmers and attacking them. If they don't have the bonuses they whine and complain about it till they have those same bonuses again (meaning they need to purchase armor and farm points because they were recently killed/ran out of points).
    I believe a simple thing that wont ever happen is a easy fix; If a faction player attacks a normal player first then POOF... all the armor/jewel/tally/powers bonuses just disappear. They do not return till the flag timer runs out. If a normal person attacks a faction player first... then all bonuses remain and the fights on. If the normal player is grey/red then again no loss of bonuses apply. Ive also thought about the powers only being applied in areas that have to do with factions (Sigel towns and farming point areas), again leaving the normal players out of the idiot grieving system.
    Forcing a normal player to enter a grieving system like factions is not a answer. Saying this is Siege is not a answer.
    Sending this request to a programmer for them to say they cant do it via the code is expected.

My Two Cents.
    TY

Viscount Goop likes this.
  2. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

I agree with your premise, but I think will be complications with healing, etc. Sometimes an attack/initiation is not easily defined.

I would propose:
    Get rid of silver - we need more gold sinks without another currency. This will slow inflation and allow easy replacement of items so not forced to farm just the few monsters that give silver.

Allow hero/evil dyed items to be cleansed in some way to restore to normal state.

Get rid of monster ignore.

Viscount Goop likes this.
  3. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

----------------->>>>>>>>>>>I think you've got some change comming back !?<<<<<<<<<---

Gerbiler likes this.
  4. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

<<<<<<<BAD

HoldenCaulfield likes this.
  5. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

Hehe, just from a non-faction player :). I am sure monster ignore is nice when on the other side, but to me it seems more of a free PK utility.

#5 HoldenCaulfield, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I see no great advantage to the faction gear. I have recently joined factions and armored up with faction gear and the only thing I see is the arti's replace gear I would normally be wearing. I don't see any difference in my stats. Hci - max. Dci - max. Di - max. Lmc - max. Resists - max. Suits are easy to put together with or without faction gear. Same goes for Mage suits.

7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oh forgot to mention, you can ask any of the factioners I've smoked when I was not in factions if their gear helped them LOL.

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Factions need to be redone from the ground up or done away with. What we have now can not be fixed.