In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Apr 14, 2010.
To view the original thread, please click here.
The following are known issues with the Factions system updates currently in testing as of 14 April 2010. Please see this post on this forum for details of Factions playtesting.
• Some faction items have no rank requirements. All faction items should at least require Rank 1, so they cannot be used by Deserters (Rank 0)
• There is some minor monster spawn in the Free Tradesmen stronghold
• Logging out on the elevators in the Guardian’s Legion stronghold will insta-log the player, assuming the player is not in combat
• Faction Guards’ names display the wrong faction
• Suicide by trapped box can be used to avoid giving Faction kill credit
• Duplicate faction vendor chests may appear in strongholds
• Faction warhorses do not work
• Leaderboards are missing information for non-guild players
• Negative score values
• Z-axis popping issues
• ability to shoot through floors in some places in the bases
Factions Test Score Issues
Due to some unforeseen problems with the faction scoring system, we're gonna have to take the Factions test center back internal for a time. There is a problem with the score system that is causing score numbers to become invalid. This manifests itself as scores showing as negative 2.1 billion in the user interface and the overhead score value bark from the "showscore" speech trigger. It will require a fair amount of development and testing time to get fixed.
Right now we are planning to leave the server open until tomorrow (Friday) morning. Even though the scoring and ranking system is un-testable in its current state, the new strongholds are playable, and we'd like for everyone to still be able to check those out.
We expect that we will not have the issue fixed and tested until early next week. Unfortunately this means we will miss the weekend window for public playtesting.
I will be posting more information about what the score system update is intended to accomplish, along with some details about how it works, before we re-open the Factions test shard.
I don't think a shard wipe will be necessary, but the scores will have to be reset. It's full of junk data now.