1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fairy Dragon Tameable? Says so on SA site.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by The Fallout, Aug 30, 2009.

1. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Source: http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/mobs/

Is this new or am I just late to the party? Or is it a mistake?

2. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

i got the cannot be tamed message when i tried during the open beta. maybe they changed them recently.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Yeah, looks like they've changed it since the conclusion of open beta. Fun. :)

4. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Oooh that makes me excited....even if it looked like dragon tales! LoL

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

It would seem odd to make tameable creatures you must kill to obtain keys for a peerless, especially if they won't respawn until the tamed creature is taken off the sub-server. It could lead to all kinds of griefing.

I'm not sure you can use the gate spell to get out of the Abyss. Therefore, getting a tamed fairy dragon out of the Abyss could only be done by walking it out or, if you're not on Siege/Mugen and for as long as it still works, recalling out of the Abyss and then logging out and back in again.

I wonder if they might have added another spawn location, leaving the ones outside the Stygian Dragon's home as not tameable. This would be similar to the way you cannot tame otherwise tameable creatures that spawn during a champ spawn (e.g., unicorns and ki-rins).

6. They are not tameable.

7. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The official SA website would beg to differ...

Taken from http://www.uoherald.com/stygianabyss/gameoverview/mobs/:

8. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe you need to complete a quest to tame them. Or maybe only Gargoyles can.

9. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay that was on a Human/elf...now try on a Gargoyle. I bet its a gargoyle only thang!! who wants to wager against me?? lol

10. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Hmm, convincing evidence GOD but LOL jk yea seems they aren't tameable.

Maybe they are going to change that?

11. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

As someone else already pointed out, was that a champ spawn area? Maybe they can't be tamed there, but if they are found outside that area, they can be. The website seems to indicate that they are rare, so maybe they are a rare spawn outside of that spawn area, and can be tamed there?

12. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

Hmmm....I bet only female gargoyles can tame them :p
    :popcorn:

Mwuhahahahah

13. i thought i seen fairy dragons spawn elsewhere, don't think someone just lured them from the spawn.

14. Thats a good point, those ones are part of a mini spawn, I haven't seen them anywhere else yet but maybe its still to come. Though I think if they were they would at least offer the context menu.

15. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Ya, it's been a while for me. I don't remember what message you get when you try to tame something at a spawn. I'm starting to get stoked about coming back though... :)

16. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

I just noticed this as I have another post about the same thing and have been keeping an eye on the SA site. What I feared has happened. They removed the taming part from the Fairy Dragon listing.

Let Stratics ring with the sound of disappointment... maybe they will rethink it!

WE WANT THE FAIRY DRAGON!

17. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

:danceb:

18. Kri

Kri Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*NOT* Impressed with their handling of this situation. The least they could have done was give us an explanation as to why this is the case rather than covertly removing it from the website when they notice people discussing it. :cursing:

19. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

I couldn't agree more... maybe one of the Dev's will answer as I started a thread asking about it in the SA section. I so hope they rethink that...

20. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I didn't keep the stats of the one I lored during the open beta, but I do remember it died to an untrained GD in about 1 1/2 chomps and the stats were not impressive.

If they ever are tameable, you may need to have a few of them out at a time in order to make them worth using on a hunting trip.

21. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

Hahaha......classic

22. The Fallout

The Fallout Guest

Lol WoW. That is kinda funny, hopefully they will explain why the decided against taming them.

23. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

SHush... both of youse... lol. So naughty!