1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fake door for castle room

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Caelas, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Hey, I'm looking for ideas on how to make a fake door for one of the southern 1st floor rooms of my castle. I'm thinking of decoing it as a jail / dungeon, so curtains won't exactly look the most secure, ya know? Lockdowns aren't a huge issue. Thanks!

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You can stack sugar cane to make it look like bars.

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Perhaps some sort of Magincia Rubble full wall, and attach something to look like a door knob and/or hinges.

Thinking Palisade wall, but any type could work.

Unsure what to do for the doorknob. Anniversary Coin? ML gem? or just a lockpick?

4. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Well, I can't find any sugar cane, or rubble for sale...so I tried benches, and it kinda worked!

[​IMG]

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That don't look too bad.

6. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Originally on the right side doorway I had black staves stacked up...it actually looked pretty decent. Then I realized there isn't something similar that faces the other direction for the other doorway. Kinda blew my plan. I might recolor the benches a slightly lighter shade of gray.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you want to try the 'stacked staves' look quarter staffs and blow pipes (glass blowing) should fit the bill I think? Both can be dyed with natural dye

8. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Really? I thought I tried natural dyes with a quarter staff...hmm. I'll have to try again.

Is there anything skinny like a staff that stands vertical? I'd like to criss cross some bars.

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I tested before I posted, dyed one of each with a black dye, though I think plain or metal would be better.
    Best I can come up with for uprights is stacked vials of silver serpent venom.

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Lit torches are one of the few skinny vertical items ingame. You could get a vertical effect dying yarnballs black (or grey) then stacking them up, but at the expense of lockdowns. Another option might be silver coins, two of them will make a thin vertical line so you would not need to stack as many on each other, but because they sit low on the tile they will not go very high. I might mess also around with those little tokuno paintings (as door panels) or clock frames, and do a dyed yarnball for the door knob (if it were me).

11. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

Bah I wanna play but the Internets at my schools student union don't like uo =(