1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

fallensword banner errors my browser

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alvinho, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Fallen Sword banner ad is asking me to install a flash file, of course im gonna say no for a banner ad, and when I say no it errors my browser, Can it please be taken out of the rotation?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Petra will have to pass your concerns up the chain to Stratics Central.

But, I will say this.

Something in a recent update to flash players, has significantly broken many existing sites that use flash. For example, many of the Flash-using games on Facebook, etc. are having significant errors and browser crashes (across all 4 major browsers) as a result of this. Given that Zynga's user base for Mafia Wars, Farmville, etc. probably is about the size of WoW's stated userbase, one can imagine the amount of frustration being vented on Facebook & Myspace for the last few weeks - and that's not counting the people playing non-Zynga games that are also having issues.

I also get similar errors on sites with flash-based ads, which may very well be the issue you are describing - even if the ads don't display due to subscription / membership levels!

In other words, I think the issue is much deeper than simply a single ad on Stratics.

3. I've been getting the virus/trojan warning again myself.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can I ask that, when something like this comes up, you use the 'contact us' email link at the bottom of the page rather than rely on the thread being spotted? Please?

5. Black Tom

Black Tom Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I had major trouble with this until I loaded Firefox. Now all the Zynga games play as they should.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You're one of the lucky ones, Tom - It's been pretty much all browsers across the board reporting it on their forums - Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome..... It seems to come and go, and hit different people at different times (I can go hours with no problem, then have a day with constant lockups).