1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Falling overboard on a boat?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Kylie Kinslayer, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Feb 12, 2005
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

A friend of mine who has recently came back to UO and I were out doing some MIB's. They do not have High Seas yet so we were on a Large Dragon legacy boat. As we were jogging over to the next location we hit a server line and suddenly I found my self standing on the outskirts of New Magincia. It seems I had fallen overboard and the God's of UO showed me favor and did not want me sleepin with the fishys... either that or they considered me to be too nasty to taint the seas of Sosaria. ;)

Be careful out there folks, may wanna grab some rope and tie yourself to the rail....

I did submit a bug report. If you have ran across the same thing you may want to consider giving the info here: http://stratics.com/community/threads/fell-off-of-boat-and-transported-to-new-magincia.286680/#post-2191009

Fall off the boat....png
  2. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    A few months back I was merrily on my way to find deeper bluer waters for my fishing escapades and as I was casting I would move my ship forward or backward as I was also crabbing. My blue bug DungLover was next to me sniffing the boots I would fish up when all of a sudden, as I was moving my ship I noticed ole DungLover was no longer on board, he was walking on water off to the right of the ship. I called to him but he didn't follow, although he grunted once or twice. I ran closer to him, but he continued to enjoy playing "catch me if you can". ;p I recalled to Del and he recalled with me, I then mounted him and we recalled back to the boat. I never crossed a server line during this time, and I continued to fish; no more incidents after this, so I just chalked it up as the UO Gods playing their hand for their own amusement. ;)
    Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  3. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    its a known bug. There was a post about it a few weeks back. Just keep your key or runes available as that's the only current solution.