1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fame/Karma list

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Chaos, May 21, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Is there any list of mobs sorted by fame/karma they give? Can't find any.

2. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

the hunters guide has all the numbers for the fame/Karma thing, but they are not sorted :/

Next best thing i can offer is a runebook set we made on Atlantic for fame , where we sorted the mobs by the ammount of fame and Karma they gave...

But thats on Atlantic

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Use the search page for the Hunter's Guide: http://uo.stratics.com/database/search.php?db_content=hunters.

Use the drop-down options for the Fame and Karma boxes to select the fame and/or karma level you want to search on. Then click the Search button at the bottom. You'll then be presented with a list of creatures that have the fame and/or karma levels you selected for the search.

4. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

OH BAH!!!

I was sitting there with notepad and pen sorting them for when we did the Runes.....

:stretcher:

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's only good as far as it goes I'm afraid. We have had no way to know what the fame/karma was on more recent creatures. I haven't managed to work out how the new figures shown in the context menu function either.

6. It would be a bit of work, but now that we can see the characters' fame/karma, one could reset your fame or karma to zero (such as sacrificing first) and then kill the creature to see how much fame and karma you get from it.

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Or umm.. just do the math off of the fame and karma you already have.

There's a lot of monsters missing from the hunters guide on stratics (not a flame just bringing up there may be more)

8. Petra Fyde

I don't think there are any monsters actually missing - but there are some with limited information. We're working to correct that. Also there has been no way to determine fame and karma for some years, so many creatures are set to 'unknown'.
    I believe in the early years information was gleaned from the uo bestiary. That is no longer kept up and hasn't been for some time :(

Oh, I don't think your idea will work Flutter. The more fame you have, the less you get. So you can only get the maximum for any creature at 0 fame 0 karma.

9. Just getting ready to post that Petra, about diminishing returns of fame and karma. But I do think resetting fame/karma to zero will give you the numbers you are looking for... I'll try with my sampire if you have a list of the ones you don't have numbers for.

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

You always gain the same amount of fame, I think. I think it's just that the higher your fame is the slower you level up. That is, the more fame it takes to get you to the next level. I could, of course, be wrong.
    I suppose it could be tested rather easily by someone less lazy than myself.

11. Petra Fyde

You really, really don't want to know. :D

The uo bestiary was last updated for Samurai Empire. Every creature that has entered the game since then has no fame/karma figures unless I took an educated guess at it. That's an awful lot of critters - when I started work on the guide some ML creatures had a basic, no stats entry. Some weren't listed at all. I *think* I've now got everything listed and we're working on filling in the stats for SA creatures. Fame and Karma is sort of a bit further down the 'to do' list.

12. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

You could and are.

I've been testing this for a few weeks now. Starting with 0 fame I go and kill my favorite mob for fame. It starts out yielding about 160-165 fame per mob. It gradually drops a point or 2. I kill them until I reach 10k fame, glorious lord, then sacrifice back to 0. It takes 80-85 mobs to get there. On the last few mobs the fame has dropped to about 82-84 points each, roughly half of where they started.

I have tracked the karma as I was working sacrifice. But karma is a little different as there is pos/neg karma and a level in the middle that can be both.

13. I also believe that mob fame and karma is not fixed but rather has a range, unless it's recently changed. I remember fighting titans, getting fame for one, none for the next, and fame again for the last kill.