1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fame/Karma points and Stratics data

Discussion in 'UHall' started by startle, Mar 30, 2011.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

First of all let me say that my interest in this has nothing at all to do with "caring" about what my char's "title" is, but rather my level of fame as it impacts Chivalry casts.

Having said that, I'm trying to figure out how the "math" is done regarding the "points" needed to go from one "level" to another - using the info here on Stratics.

I'm looking at the chart below regarding the "Reputation" system.
    [​IMG]

And then comparing this information with what is shown for any given "monster's" data, as below for an Ice Fiend.
    [​IMG]

It shows a value of 18000. My question is 18000 WHAT? It obviously has no direct relation to the "point system" as is shown by the Fame/Karma progression chart as shown.

So, what do the "points" in the first chart above actually referr to?

I've killed like a jillion Ice Fiends since my char got to "Eminent", and yet she's still "Eminent"....

2. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

U prolly allready know but when i used to try for better titles in classic client i had to close and reopen the paperdoll to see if it changed
    Just thought id mention it

3. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The first chart is for Reputation Titles on uoguide, which is directly based on the info from the link Reputation System FAQ and http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30414.

Monsters are not part of the reputation title system, but they have fame and karma.

Fame has no relation to chivalry spell calculations, what you need is Karma: ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main

A recent discussion on this subject is on http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/238347-karma-gain.html. I have an approximate formula for karma calculation on that page (as well as its effect on chivalry spells), yet it is only approximate and not verified.

4. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

A quick example on my approximate formula:

Your karma: 10,452
    Enslaved Green Goblin Scout's Karma: -15,000

Karma Gained = -Round((Creature's Karma)/100) - Round(Your Karma/100)

= -(-150) - 105 = 45

New Karma = 10,452 + 45 = 10,497

5. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Another Example: at the title Eminent, your Karma should be more than 5,000.

Ice Fiend's Karma = -18,000
    Your Karma = 5,000

Karma Gain = -(-180) - 50 = 130.

Ice Fiend's Karma = -18,000
    Your Karma = 10,000

Karma Gain = -(-180) - 100 = 80.

See how its getting less and less as your karma increases? I strongly suggest killing Balrons (already suggested on the previous thread) or Red Death, having -24,000 and -28,000 karma, respectively.

6. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

(Sorry for multiple posts.)

Example for losing karma:

Your Karma = 10,497
    Crane's Karma = 150

Karma Lost = -(150/100) - (10,497 / 100) = -106

New Karma = 10,497 - 106 = 10,391

You cant gain karma if karma > -creature's karma or lose karma if karma < -creature's karma.

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

In the chart, this describes the level of fame/karma required to achieve each title.

The data within the hunter's guide table for a specific monster shows the maximum points that you can get off of killing that specific monster. Tougher monsters have a higher cap. The closer you are to that cap, the less fame/karma points that you can gain from each kill... at cap, gains stop until your fame/karma drops, or until you start fighting tougher monsters.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

If you are still at the same title after that much work, check the title settings by clicking your character and going to the titles menu (like setting insurance). In the titles menu, select the paperdoll titles, then the fame/karma title and set it to (I think it's default... or floating... might be different for EC or CC).

That should allow it to raise and lower as you gain fame/karma.

9. startle

Thanks much, Nimuaq, for the time you took to give me the answers I was looking for. You went to great lengths to explain the Fame/Karma system, and I have bookmarked the thread you posted and this one.

I appreciate your great response... :)

10. startle

And thank you, Tazar, for your much appreciated input....

I have it all now...

Cheers