1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fame subtracting on killing ogre lord

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lorax_Pacific, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Weird. So I was getting fame off Ogre Lords to sacrifice and I had 9903 fame thinking I needed to kill 1 more to have over 10k. I looked and it was 98?3 (the question mark is I forget what that digit was). No deaths just one more mellow kill. Shouldn't fame only increase?

-Lorax

2. Invalid

Invalid Guest

That's pretty weird. I was there yesterday killing them for fame and had no issues. Might help you narrow down the issue :)

3. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Could've been the exact moment when that character's periodic (daily?) fame decay occurred.

4. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

So how much do characters lose daily?

Ive experienced oddities too like this, where ive killed stuff then moticed I gain karma off things I didnt before..

5. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It is just something odd. Maybe it was the exact moment when a decay occured. In general, it smells like a timing problem and maybe it is a general problem related to creatures dying and operations occur associated with adding items into a corpse. Maybe this same kind of bug is related to the item insurance problem noticed.

Seems like the devs need to add a code guard around death forcing things to occur in a serial manner. Maybe return from interrupts are messed up or something.

I would like to submit it as a bug, but as Cogniac pointed out maybe some other occurance caused it. I guess I'll spend ten minutes to see if it is reproduceable. I sacrificed so can start at zero.

-Lorax

p.s.
    after about 10 minutes didn't reproduce it.

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hm you didn't kill any unicorns in between, did you? ;P No party? Hm...

I am also interested in how much fame drops per cycle. Seems like my crafter has been lord forever now.

7. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Have to say, I have taken months off before, and not seemingly lost any fame on any chars, so it does seem odd.

8. Its very odd. I just lost Lord on my Smith when I logged in. This is a char that has never done any hunting, hasnt died in a long long time. All his fame is from BODs

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have a question for the people who have noticed these odd losses of fame: Were any of the characters you were on that had these odd losses recently partied with other characters? If yes, have any other those other characters recently died or sacrificed their fame?

The reason I ask is that today one of my tamers was partied with a number of people while doing a faction defense. I had to log out for a while and did so by hiding and then logging out, knowing the character would eventually time out. I came back later, after the point that the character had timed out and was no longer seeing a party-style bar for my own character and the Party Manifest showed the character was not in a party. However, out of the blue not long after logging in again, I got the message that my character had lost a lot of karma. I believe another character that I had been partied with earlier had just committed murder or something equally heinous (e.g., killing one of those pesky blue NPCs in the TB base). rolleyes:

I'm wondering if the recent new coding to display fame and karma totals on our characters' context menus is buggy and is somehow picking up fame and karma adjustments from other characters that our character was partied with in the past.

I could of course be wrong and probably am; however, maybe people who regularly hunt in parties and then hunt solo can keep an eye on their fame and karma figures and report if they notice anything unusual that seems to be caused by the actions of other characters that they were partied with.