1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fame with Provoke

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by koris, Oct 26, 2015.

1. koris

koris Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I've been away for a while. I always thought you provoke X to kill Y....when Y dies, you get fame ( assuming nothing else touches Y). This is no longer the case?

All i do all day in UO is provoking reptalons to kill Miasma.
    I've killed probably 3000 Miasma so far and I've only gotten a few "you have gained a little fame" messages. 99% of the time i get no fame messages. No one else is touching Miasma except the reptalon i provoke. When i use my tamer (single dragon) to kill, I get all the fame. What's the deal.

Koris

2. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

Short answer; the Devs hate Bards and love Tamers.

3. koris

koris Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Was hoping there was a special set of rules i missed out on. Like, for a bard to get fame he/she must be within 2 tiles and wear a red shirt or something. Anything.

4. Herp!

Herp! Adventurer

Sadly this is true for most things. My bard does not gain in Valor when doing spawns while grouped with a Sampire friend. Tamer standing still doing nothing in the same group not even using the GDragon gets valor every kill... and I mean literally doing nothing, sometimes not even standing inside the spawn area. - woops just saw this was a month old post.