1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(RP) Farewell to Moonglow

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by York_Siege, Feb 10, 2014.

1. York_Siege

York_Siege Seasoned Veteran

It has been a great 2 terms serving as the Governor of Moonglow. In this time I have met some of the finest citizen Britannia has to offer. I know that I have left the town in good hands. Talia and Kattasrophe will be taking over the day to day tasks in the sleepy little town. There will still be events and different types of entertainment. I am sure these forms of socialization will continue under their leadership.

Upon entering Moonglow the town treasury was nonexistence and this was the first issue that was dealt with. So it is my pleasure to pass over the remaining items and funds to these ladies. At current standing there is 700k and a small bag of artifacts left over. The town topped out before the marathon at 4 million in the treasury. I am very proud to have had such support in my time in service. I would consider these numbers indicate success as governor. I look forward to see the growth continue, it is clear to me the town will continue to draw in gold as time passes.

I will be taking over in Skara Brea providing the King approves the change. It has already been discussed and I foresee no issues with the change. I look forward to bringing some cheer back into the town as it has been losing moral since Hoff’s departure. This was a great loss for the people and I hope I can provide as much town spirit as Hoff’s once did. It will not be an easy task but I am up for the challenge. I have already begun scouting the town and have planned some mini events upon my acceptance of the chair. I hope to see some of Skara’s finest out.

Again I thank Moonglow and its citizen for such a successful two terms. I will always be there to support the town as it will remain my home.

York

Ex -Governor of Moonglow….

Leaf and startle like this.
  2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

*chuckles*

Don´t worry York.
    I´m sure my post will make more sense if/when a certain someone replies here. ;)

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Would anyone like to hand over a town to me too ?

4. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

sure, you can have vesper, i do not plan on running again. And as an added bonus, I'll vote for you :pirate:

5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I was just being snarky...never saw a town get handed over to someone..*goes to look up the definition of snarky*.

6. York_Siege

York_Siege Seasoned Veteran

Sure..... Minoc has an open seat. ...

It is a first for me too.

7. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I wish you well in Skara....

Leaf likes this.
  8. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Appreciate the efforts during your tenure even though, working a 3rd shift gig, I've not been able to participate in much of anything. Good luck in Skara and I would like to pay you something for that spined that you turned me on to.

Btw, when are the next elections?

Jack Nickelson

9. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Thanks for being a great governor! I think more elections are coming up soon aren't they? There might not be any "handing over", might have to campaign for it! o_O

10. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

*smiles* It was a pleasure to have you as our Governor York, Hopefully Talia and I will be able to keep Moonglow in good hands as you once did. Good luck on your travels to Skara Brae.

11. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

(of a person, words, or a mood) sharply critical; cutting; snide.

12. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Yay I got it right :pirate:

Victim of Siege likes this.
  13. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks for doing an outstanding job for the Siege community, York. As I have said in person, I only wish we had a greater population in these lands so that more could benefit from your work and enthusiasm. I can think of nobody better to become the new governor of Skara.

And I shall even overlook the erroneous apostrophes in my name! This usually gets Gilfane members a stay in the town pillory, or worse.

startle, Flair and Leather Lucy like this.
  14. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Now that's my kinda Guild Leader.

startle and Flair like this.