1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Farmer Nash's Field

Discussion in 'UHall' started by guum, Sep 13, 2009.

1. guum

guum Guest

Any idea why this is camped? I'm curious.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Because it's a good little quest... 5 each of 2 gems and a few magic items which can vary in quality for the reward and the quest itself is really kind of fun (and a good source of silver serps for reagents for various things).

It's easily accessible and fun to do, thus people are enjoying doing it.

3. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Easy to get Magical Items for Imbueing would be my guess. I thank most ppl camp it so they can get items to Unravel. & I believe the Gems are used to. Some tamers use it so they can tame Raptors.

4. guum

guum Guest

Hmmm...maybe. There are three people absolutely fixed to the spot and about 100 quest reward bags strewn all about, many of them with 3 or 4 more bags inside them. Seems like a lot of camping for something as innocent as that. But maybe I've just become a suspicious gamer in my old age. ;)

5. They pretty much have it right. I've been camping it all day. Good amount of items relatively quickly to unravel. And the gems are great. 10 of them at once. Good deal.

6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

See, camped by numerous people who keep returning it to him, and he still "can't find" his pitchfork.

7. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's more about what he grows in his fields. ;)

8. FuzZ

FuzZ Guest

where is this field located anyways?

9. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, me doesn't mind the campin', but within the past hour on Pacific, some folk decided to hide in the field and click all the weeds so there be a ton o' creatures sittin' there lookin' fer someone to chomp on!

10. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:lol:

11. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

no check the bags they leave most of the magi item and most give the green bowl ,essence, i don't know what they are after venom maybe, good gold for time is my guess

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Ask one of the campers if they have looted an Untranslated Ancient Tome yet. (Someone posted earlier today they got one off a monster that spawned in the poor farmer's field.)

13. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

i marked my runes Mr McGregors farm btw it just funny

14. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Farmer Nash is mad at me. One of my flower vendors is holding his missing pitchfork.

15. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's a fun little quest! I like that you don't know what will spawn next. :)

16. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

as a mater of fact the only SS that i have gotten a skin to drop from is there maybe that is what people are after

17. Aristillus

Aristillus Guest

It is also a good source of demon bone for one of the other quests:thumbsup:

Aristillus

18. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Its just east of the Tomb of Kings entrance in the Holy City.

19. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

I do it because it a very quick way to get a bag of unraveling filled fast, while collecting a good amount of gems a lil insurence $$ for when i get back into the dungeon, and some resorces such as snake skins, Venom, Raptor fangs, void orbs, I think its void essense? ( iono how usefull any of thats gunna be) but you can take a couple steps to turn in reaccept the quest and do it all over again ( uber fast for anyone needing items to unravel) :thumbup:

20. WEST of Tomb of the Kings not east..

21. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Tina, I got that from a Fairy Dragon two nights ago.

22. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

My stealther loves this quest... very sad this is the only one she can do for now.

23. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Personally I repeat this quest about half a dozen times a day for 3 reasons.

1) the gems and loot to unravel come in handy for imbuing

2) the void deamons that spawn there drop 15 demon bones each. Makes doing the quest for the crystal ball of knowledge 10 times easier.

3) the silver serpents sometimes drop silver snake skins which I'm collecting for use when I finish of imbuing.

24. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If you have a character that can remove traps (requires Remove Trap, Detect Hidden, and Lockpicking skills), there is a nice quest in the Underworld that lets you acquire player-placeable traps.