1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fashion Disasters

Discussion in 'Reference Library' started by Petra Fyde, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

incorrect and missing graphics on clothing items, either avatar or paper doll. Please post cropped screenies, we don't need the entire desktop for this one.

2. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Since this thread is about fashion, and instead of making another thread I'll post it hear.
    When clothing is locked down or in containers you see the 2d graphic designs. When you put the clothing on the graphics change to the KR ones. that alone is a disaster in itself. all clothes should be in 2d graphics on or off the character.
    The bandanna in the SA client looks more like a headband than a bandanna. I like it but, I'm sure all the men would not agree.
    Dresses look more like robes than dresses. Dresses should be more flowing at the bottom and not look tight around the legs.
    A fancy dress should look more like a ball gown.
    A plain dress should look like it does in 2d and a little above the knees.
    Looks like they used the tunic graphic for the doublet in SA.
    clothing alone as a history in UO and I would like it that the clothes dont lose that history by graphic changes of the clothes should be put back the way they are suppose to look, but with a better quality look.

3. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I put the jester suit on and the heart of the lion on both showed up on my female character. must be the male characters this is happening to.

4. I logged in on another char which is male, he already had the heart of lion on and i could see it on my paperdoll, but when i took it off and tried to put it back on it disapeared :wall:

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You should work on those abs a bit... *chuckles*

6. It used to be a six pack, then i got married :D

7. HeathBar

HeathBar Guest

Dresses aren't showing up for me, they are showing on my paperdoll alright though.

[​IMG]

8. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

Sorry no screenies but:

Barbed leather ninja jacket shows up on my char (female) but not on the paperdoll.

Arcane thighboots are "behind" the leggings on the paperdoll (same char)

9. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If anyone is interested, on Great Lakes there is a guy named JoO that has an RP reality type thing.

He's doing an SA only RP 'show'.

It's a knock off of "What not to wear", but he hosts it every Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. (**EDIT 7:00 pm CST) at Moonglow Trammel bank roof. Send screenshots of your SA char to JoO via the forums with a little bit about yourself and why you need a makeover.

Include other details like your characters history and any color preferences.

It's a great little thing he does, and he will even buy hair change deeds to complete the look.

PM JoO with your entries (feel free to submit someone else, but you've got to get them to the bank roof if they are selected!).

10. :lol:

11. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Ankh Pendant once worn appears as a sort of utility belt, and nowhere near the neck area ;)

12. I have to redownload SA so I dont have screenshots atm, but colors are off on some things =/ Europa gold, neon blue and glacier colors are all way off it seems in SA.

13. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love if plain dresses appeared on paperdolls the way they do in KR :D It makes female characters actually -look- female.

14. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I'm still trying to figure out the "disaster" part.

15. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Skull caps appear and disappear on the Avatar, seemingly at random.

16. Fink

Fink Guest

Fancy shirt sleeves do not show if you're wearing a leaf tunic or dragonscale breastplate over the top. (shirt is missing entirely)

[​IMG]

17. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

TY so much for fixing Plain Dress Issue last patch!

I am so happy ^^

18. Hooli Gan

Hooli Gan Guest

Ooops sorry thought this was a thread about how Otis Firefly dresses his chars.

19. Maximilliean

Maximilliean Guest

The items appear on my paperdoll and my avatar, but the slots either don't show a graphic or they flash. The backpack, bags etc. does the same thing.

20. Fink

Fink Guest

If we can regard hair as a wearable/fashion accessory..

In Enhanced client "Topknot" hair on a human looks like a full head of hair with a small bun on top. Horrid.

In Classic client it looks like a bald head with a small pony tail on top. Could we get the original/classic style in Enhanced client please?

---

In general I feel making the Enhanced client avatar & paperdoll layer properly and resemble the original garments is important. More people, those with "2D" fashion sense, will be accepting of it.

21. Fink

Fink Guest

Leaf tunic: female breasts poke through the sides, like a crescent moon. Visible from front, sides, 1/4 and 3/4 diagonals (all directions except, mercifully, the back).

22. Fink

Fink Guest

Double Axe is pitifully small on both avatar and paperdoll, making Axe of the Heavens look like Sandpit Trowel of the Heavens.

23. Fink

Fink Guest

Jin Baori looks like a skin-tight doublet. It should be a loose-fitting overshirt, similar to an open waistcoat.

24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jin baori and doublet are incorrect graphics I reported back in KR beta, they've remained the same ever since afaik, it's possible we're stuck with those.

25. Fink

Fink Guest

Ugh. :cursing:

Two sets of avatars later and this is still incorrect. They don't even resemble the actual garments, let alone the UO style. All this "legacy look at any cost" and the central element to the game gets left out.

26. Rwyan

Rwyan Guest

I've grown fond of the avatars - it seems some blurriness has been fixed with some of the more recent patches.

However - will post pictures when I get home. But layering is buggy on both the paper doll and avatar.

I created a new female character and am wearing a fine shirt underneath a robe and you can see bits of the shirt poking out of the robe in the doll. Likewise, you can see bits of the shirt poking out of the robe on the avatar.

27. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

When mounted and facing down (SE) wearing a Hakama-****a make's the horse's head disappear.

28. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*X-ray glasses* Ohh yeah! :mf_prop:

29. Fink

Fink Guest

I would like an extra piece of art be used for the heads of mounts, to be layered over the top of the rider. Looking from the front and one-quarter view with most mounts, the character overlaps the head, neck, etc of the animal, which is unacceptable. Just one more texture, layered correctly, would make the mount/rider ensemble that much better.

Here's an example I did back in KR days (and my, isn't the ki-rin pretty at full resolution? rolleyes: )...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope it is plain from these images what I'm trying to explain. The left images are what we currently have (resolution aside) and the right images are how they would look with the centre image overlaid.

30. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

Jin-Baori and Fur Boots:

Here are two graphically bugged pieces of clothing that I've come across. First, let's talk about the Jin-Baori. Fashionable in the 2d Client, but nothing more than a Doublet in the EC - please create a cool EC counter part similar to the 2d version. These pictures have a copy from the EC and one next to it from the 2d Client.

Next, we have Fur Boots. Somewhat fashionable in the 2d Client, but their potential is restrained by the terrible glitch forcing the Leather Leggins under them to bulge through, covering up most of the boot - please fix, and make them look nice just like the 2d Client version.

Attached Files:

31. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

just gonna let my image do the talking :)

[​IMG]

32. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

this is what is worthy of a sticky...

33. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You don't think that the devs should know about art bugs in the beta client? Seems like something they'd want to fix.