1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast casting / fast cast recovery calculation

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by AvenWil, Jan 24, 2008.

1. AvenWil

AvenWil Guest

I think that maximums are 2 fc (4 fc for chiv if mage is less than 70 I think) / 6 FCR but my question is how is it calculated. Seems easy but there is one pitfall.

For FC: If you use an item with FC -1 then does it add up all your FC, reduce it to the maximum and then take the FC -1 penalty or does it add up all FC, including the FC -1, and give you the net result. I've cast protection with 4 FC and have felt a significant casting speed penalty casting mage spells. What would my FC be in this case? Are there any exceptions where it is calculated differently?

For FCR: I ran into the problems with the FC but not with the FCR yet but since I was asking the FC question, I figured that I'd ask if there are any cases where FCR is reduced and how it is calculated. There are none I can think of offhand but would like to know.

2. AvenWil

AvenWil Guest

I see that my question on protection is answered lower down, that fast casting is capped at 0 with protection on. Still need to know about the cap with FC -1?
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

If you have a ring and bracelet with +1 FC and a scrappers (+1) you will have +3 FC, (capped for mages at +2 as you know), equip say a shield with FC -1 and you will be reduced just by that 1 to +2 FC.

So it is the net of the total.
  4. AvenWil

AvenWil Guest

great thanks!