1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fast, quick damage using minimal skill points?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by TheScoundrelRico, Oct 31, 2014.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Ok, so some of you may know me, others...not so much.

I play a thief on Siege. I have recently returned and am looking at tinkering around with different thief templates. I guess it would be similar to the old thug thief templates back in the 7x GM days.

I need/want to keep a my standard thief skills on this character:

• 120 Stealing
    • 100 Hide
    • 100 Snoop
    • 80 Stealth

That leaves me with 320 points.

Here's my question...with only 320 skill points to use, what combination of dexxer skills makes the most sense to build a quick strike, hard hitting thief that can kill another player? While I probably won't be able to stand toe to toe with our regular PvPers, I want to be able to take out the lesser fortunate.

Thoughts?...la

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Honestly as thief using any weapon without shadow strike is kinda pointless. Being able to go straight into stealth mode off a weapon hit is super useful. So I would recommend a good dagger and add ninjitsu and fencing.

3. TheScoundrelRico

I do like ninja skills for stealthing around and getting away. Is tactics going to be the only other option, or should I look at poison? Come out of the shadows and strike and then hit them with a dart after they run away?

With 320 in those three skills I would imagine it should be 120 fencing, 100 ninja and 100 poison? Or drop poison to 80 and raise ninja to 120?...la

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

you wouldn't need tactics for shadow strike. What I would do is try and get enough magery in there to gate travel along with Ninjitsu and Fencing. The fencing would let you kill bots easy enough, but other than that it's mainly defensive.

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support

if you do go with poison, you don't need over 80.

6. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Poison/Swords/Ninjitsu/
    80/120/120
    Or
    100/120/100 + Gems

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

With regards to the poison being at 80 is it the same for a mage? Is 80 all one would need or do you get a better chance with 100?

8. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Mages poison depends on distance and skill. You can cast deadly at 1 tile distance with 80 and 120 magery, but with 100 poisoning and 120 you have a chance to cast lethal, and the range of your deadly increases to 3 tiles

Storm and DJAd like this.
  9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I never fail nor got gains at 75 stealth in cloth/leather. 5 points not so much but may help

TheScoundrelRico and Obsidian like this.
  10. TheScoundrelRico

You are right about the 5 points, but I'm a little OCD when it comes to my templates...I hate 5 point increments, lol...la

11. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Also if you lose the 5 points you won't be able to shadow strike. (80 Stealth to shadow strike)