1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Resist Spells] Fastest way to gain Resist Spells?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by DVDA, May 3, 2011.

1. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Whats the fastest way to take Resist Spells from 50 to 120 these days?

Casting on yourself? New Haven? Other?

Thanks Guys

2. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Presuming you are a mage, curse yourself. Make sure you have 40 LMC and high MR. I never run out of mana when I do it. Clumsy works for a while if you don't have that high of MR but it starts to fizzle as resist spells gets higher.

3. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Fail Honorable Execution on your mount and keep the satyr that discorded you close. Then make faces at a changling on the other side of the rocks in the Cu spawn area.

Fail Honorable Execution while being chased by a pack of spellbinders in the New Haven area. High HP regn suit helps.

Or just play the game. And hunt Imps / Dread Spider / Lich / Titan till done.

4. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I am not a mage, I am an archer however I have 100 magic soulstoned.....

How do I fail Honorable Execution? Cast it with no skill?

Where are the Spellbinders in New Haven? I've never been there

Thanks guys

5. Jimmy Pop

Jimmy Pop Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

You need a friend and a quiet place in Fel.

Have your friend log into a char with good magery but NO eval. He casts a Paralyze Field a few spaces in front of him.

You start at one end of the Para Field and attack him, thus turning you grey. Then you run back and forth through the field.

You'll get 0-120 in a couple hours.

6. Jest

Jest Guest

DVDA, I've leveled Resist Spells up to 120 pretty easily in New Haven. I can't imagine it being any easier than there. Just aggro as many Spellbinders as you can and find a spot where you are outside of their melee range but where they can still cast on you. Your Resist Spells will skyrocket. I've used this method for training Resist on my pets as a Tamer as well.

7. longshanks

longshanks Guest

this. and casting protection on yourself as well. probably the easiest skill next to focus to gain.

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is technically illegal and you can get banned if someone pages, but it is definitely the quickest way. Ideally, you should be able to go to 120 before a GM actually comes 10 hours later.

9. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I actually just tried this and i went from 0 to 110 (I dont have 120 PS <Cry>) in less than 4 hours.

How is it illegal? I stood on the steps on a house and talked in guild chat so I wouldnt get disconnected for not moving.

10. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is illegal because the monsters do not have a path to deal damage to you.

Same reason it is illegal to train discord or provo in a house with pens built into your house design.

Stupid rule I know, but I've been taken to jail for it before.

11. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I just back into a corner somewhere so that only one to three can reach me - then target and start wrestling with a spellbinder in the back row (too far for me to reach and kill). They ones up front can reach me all they want - but they only cast spells. It's getting into grey areas, but I "think" that is legal.

12. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

That is considered legal. because they can get a path to you and damage u

13. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This ^^

but done with a red mage casting the field. You will got from 0 to 120 in less than an hour