1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fatal

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Anyone else getting this weird little fatal box when changing accounts/characters?
    I will take a screenshot of it next time. I thought it was my crappy laptop but it's happening on the new desktop too.
    :/
    Anyone?
    (running as admin doesn't help)

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nope. But I'm getting connection loss when using the CC when playing normally.
    No issues when I switch over to EC after I died from the conn loss.

For your issue, if you are using the CC, I have had that happen when I manually overwrote the macros2d.txt after logging on with that character and discovering they were using an older macros2d.txt file. The CC seems to flush some file writing only after you exit the client. Changing the files while the client hasn't flushed all the file writes seems to cause problems.

So your issue might be related to the client reading the files in \EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data. files like the marco2d.txt or multicache.dat.

#2 Harlequin, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  3. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Same here. Had to restore some macros for a character that I messed some up on. The file I restored was a backup from a few versions ago. Didn't cause a client problem but UOAssist screams at me everytime I start the client now. So I just manually recreated about 40 keybinds, and made a newer backup :/

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I get an error when switching accounts, occasionally UO Assist will pop up saying mismatched and have one of my usernames as a shard name, but I back out and log back in and it works ok.

5. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I've been getting this error often for the last few months Flutter. I think it only happens to those of us with multiple accounts who change from account to account often. (I play Siege Perilous mostly and change characters/accounts all the time.) When I get that error I just close the client and re-open it. A hassle, but workable.

6. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I haven't had any problems at all but I run one account on the desktop and the other on my laptop.. EC on both.
    So it does sound to me like it's caused by switching back and forth on the same machine.
    Today when I play I'll run both on the same machine and see.