1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

fate threads

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Armed4Fun, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I went to magincia, started quest, and was killing the red guys for an hour and not a single thread.all their bodies are empty, nothing in pack. what am i doing wrong? thanks

2. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

How are you killing them? I have used spells (FS, EXP and Pain Spike) and have had a decent drop rate. They will drop in your pack directly.

3. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

using cu side

4. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

I am not sure that tamers or summons cause them to drop. They are easy to kill though. One or two spells at most usually.

5. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ok. ill try direct damage. thanks for help.

6. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I have managed to get quite a few using my archer. I have also gotten some, not many, using the pain spike spell along with another spell. My mage has not gotten any using magery alone.

7. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ok. i'll try my archer

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Archery worked well for me got all ten in about 30 min then logged in with my tamer and 0 in 1 hour so I am just going to use my archer to collect em for my tamer to turn in!

9. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Maybe just bad RNG luck. My pure mage (resist, wrestle, etc...) has a decent drop rate for them. Haven't tried an archer or a melee guy yet. So I can't compare the drop rates between them and a mage. But I do get a decent amount of drops just using spells. I usually do a exp followed by a lightning or ebolt depending on how much they have left.

10. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

tried archer. got a drop already. archer ftw! Thanks all

11. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ugh. n the shard goes down. hope it remembers drop.

12. Bodhi

Bodhi Guest

Poison Strike ftw!

13. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

If it doesn't, you should be on the right track now to get plenty more. Good deal. Now if the exorcism ones work after this patch, I will be a happy camper.

14. BardMal

BardMal Guest

Pally with a blaze hally, eoo, whirl wind and holy light ftw

15. I got like 40 in about an hour with my 120 swords using a Blade of Insanity + EOO and Consecrate Weapon.