1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

FC/FCR caps for mages...

Discussion in 'UO Test Center' started by Korik Bloodguard, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Korik Bloodguard

Korik Bloodguard Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've enjoyed playing a mage since the game came out and the most exciting time was when we didn't have a cap on the Faster Cast property. The speed at which we cast made PvP much faster paced and interesting.

Is there any way we could give a cap of 5 on FCR and up the FC cap to 3 or 4? The FCR cap would help even out he playing field in terms of connection speed, and an increased FC cap would make for marginally faster-paced battles.

In terms of gear availability - one of the original reasons FC was capped at 2 - this is no longer an issue. There is a really wide variety of items out there which could easily help people reach a cap of 3.

A shield having FC on a mage (if they're using a mage weapon) helps with the problem of chugging, too!

Hell if you have to, attach it to a skill or something :)

Please, bring back some of the more fast paced action, raise the FC cap again for mages!

2. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

if it aint broke, don't fix it.

The only issue i have with casting at the moment, is mytics spells still often don't show above player's heads on CC, and for assist users, still no translations. Booo!

3. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

He wasn't suggesting a fix, he was suggesting a change.

Posting for agreement.

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That's strange, I played almost exclusively mages up until imbuing came out since 1998 and mages have never ever been able to cast as fast as 2/6 because pre-aos everyone even if they are naked had an innate 2/4 casting.

After aos there was a time you can go up to 5/6 casting after introduction of aos. That was done with orny + arcane shield + 1/3 ring + a none sc fc+1 weapon with a trick of equipping last weapon in your spell macros.

Again NO, because classic mages had the slowest casting speed since the birth of UO. Therefore there is nothing to change.

5. Aragoni

Aragoni Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I m for removing the fc caps in all category of spells.

6. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Orny
    Djinns Ring
    Scrappers
    Helm of Swiftness
    Arcane Shield

7 FC 6 fcr

I would say this is probably the worst Idea I have Ever Heard in my life. If they did that, then they would have to remove the Cap on Dex for Dexxers and make Swing Speed ACTUAL (Swing * ( 1 - SwingSpeed/100)) instead of the (Swing* (1 - SwingSpeed/(100+SwingSpeed)) silliness it is now.

With 7fc, I can guarantee you would get down to 1s flamestrikes. Instantaneous of any spell from the 3rd circle down. And about .5s Gheals.

Maybe make a mage only shard if you did this. Seriously a bad idea for Any other kind of shard.

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Don't forget Venom, a Medusa drop...

FC 2; FCR 1; SDI 10; Posion Resist 20

-OBSIDIAN-