1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fc1 "uber" mempo?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Naxatilor Feluka, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Naxatilor Feluka

Naxatilor Feluka Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Did I read this correctly? Anyone able to find any details on this? Test center pic?

2. Kloud

Kloud Journeyman

? read it where?

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I thought that sounded nice too. I am hopeful that it is able to be imbued with a max imbuing intensity of 450... And then able to be enhanced.

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well with them saying it's uber I would expect it to be over 450 already.

Regardless of that, all artifacts should be able to be imbued to at least 450.

Dot_Warner and CovenantX like this.
  5. Kloud

Kloud Journeyman

where u guys see this at?

6. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Guys, I think I found it. Has these stats:

5/6/6/6/7
    FC 1
    Fishing +2

jk ;D waiting on someone to pull clilocs or what not :p

CovenantX likes this.
  8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Can I ask the DEV's 1 question? @Mesanna, @Kyronix WHY!?!?!? Why a Mempo the ugliest thing in the game??????? I hate them... Why is it when you make a neat item for the neck it has to be the ugliest fricking thing in the game????

I already HATE passionately that you made my Luck tamer so flipping hideous with that stupid mempo of fortune now you make another Mempo item????? *pukes* And I asked a 100 times already to please add the stinking mempo to the Minax turn in's so I can stop having to wear the thing... and get something nice looking but NOOOOO you didn't..... so now you make another fugly mempo? *sighs* Please NO.

I'm trying to be positive but seriously!?!?! I like to see my characters FACE... not a stupid ugly mempo. A necklace would be nice... a gorget is just fine.... but a freaking Mempo? Really? WHY!?!?!

9. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

it puts the lotion on the skin.

mempo reminds me of that... ;)

G.v.P, MalagAste and Lord Taliesin like this.
  10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

so in summary, you really like mempos, right? ;P

11. Gedgerez Tesherd

Gedgerez Tesherd Journeyman

This mempo, disregarding the appearance, is still the first step in the right direction for imbueing. This will have been the first single mod specialty reward/drop item, in which we could use more with other various non regular single mods. For instance, 2 fcr, 3% sdi, 2% spell consumption, 5% ssi, & the list may go on for out of the ordinary mods that are not found, or perhaps go unused from past artifacts. Wouldn't mind seeing ordinary, but over imbue cap single mod armor such as 10% hci, 10%dci as well, but possibly limited to only 1 corresponding neck, arm, or hand armor slot for each race. Also the possibility of releasing new plain, imbue-able armor sets, when combined give bonus attributes, similar to the Bestial, and other Cleanup imbue-able sets.

#11 Gedgerez Tesherd, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    Viquire likes this.
  12. Gedgerez Tesherd

Gedgerez Tesherd Journeyman

It would furthermore be nice to have single mod jewelry have the potential to drop again. They used to when Shame was first revamp'd, but then a patch occurred, & they no longer spawned, /sadface. Please bring single mod jewelry spawning back into the Revamp Loot random equation again. Perhaps add a jewelry reward option that can give a random max mod including intensities of 20% hci, 20% dci, 5 & 10% ssi, 4 fcr, 25% lrc, 30% & 35% potion enhance, 15 & 18% sdi & lastly 30% & 35% di.

#12 Gedgerez Tesherd, Jul 19, 2014
    Obsidian likes this.
  13. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

The mempo was created so that anyone wearing a jingasa could hide their face from the shame.

True fact.

[​IMG]

I mean... yikes. It was that or a paper bag.

Garrett. and G.v.P like this.
  14. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't wear a Jingasa.... I'm sorry but it's really hard to RP and take your character seriously when you look at them wearing a silly Mempo. It's very difficult to get into your character when you can't see their face and all you can think about is Hannibal Lector or something when you look at them. Honestly I really don't see why a Gorget wouldn't do the job? PLEASE rethink the mempo. And please add the Leurocians Mempo of Fortune to the Minax turn in's so I can get a gorget or necklace or something so I can see my characters pretty face again.

15. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I was kidding...

I think the mempo is hideous too.

16. MalagAste

Me too....

17. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

To each his or her own. I like the mempos - they hide the hideous burn scars on my warrior's face, received in the battles for Magincia. It's a reminder that you can't win every battle. And my stealther wears a mempo, and I think it fits the character.

#17 Winter, Jul 19, 2014
  18. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

When it comes to people that still role play, I don't know if I should be shaking my head or be impressed with the dedication.

azmodanb and Cetric like this.
  19. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

it's the glue of this game. It's certainly not the pvp talkers in general chat, the smiths, the sampires or the tamers etc. No roleplayers are why this game will exist forever.

any idea of whats on the mempo yet?

Lord Nabin likes this.
  20. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I actually like the mempo and use it on all of my human and elf characters including mages.

#20 Obsidian, Jul 19, 2014
    Lord Nabin likes this.
  21. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

lol no

22. MalagAste

Only because there are NO other games out yet that are so wonderful for RP. Most games claim to have some but it's all scripted.. and your scripted into a role whether it suits you or not. UO is still the best sandbox on the market perfect for RP.

Parnoc likes this.
  23. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

For those interested, here is a screenshot. It is imbutable with a 500 intensity cap 5 property cap, and is enhancable.

[​IMG]

CovenantX, Viquire, G.v.P and 2 others like this.
  24. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think a lack of imagination and creativity is part of why people like the scripted rp.. I noticed a few people who liked wow came to try uo out with me and they didn't know what to do because they have choices. They were so used to being told what to do.

rp can be as simple as not wearing shoes, it doesn't have to be full out hardcore style, talking in old english etc.

pretty cool mempo, have a lot of ideas for that baby.

25. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think the Mempo makes perfect sense RP wise. A mempo covers the face providing more protection than a gorget would. It would only make sense that ALL very powerful neck armor be mempos.

icm420 and Lord Nabin like this.
  26. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Mempos are beast! I have them on all characters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Nabin and Obsidian like this.
  27. Naxatilor Feluka

Naxatilor Feluka Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Cetric does the fc1 count in the total 500 weight? ie 140/500 currently?

28. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

29. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

When it comes to people that still PvP, especially given how often they've rolled onto these boards and onto Global Chat whining about how bad it sucks these days and how there's no reason to do it, I don't know if I should be shaking my head or be impressed with the dedication.

Actually the answer's pretty clear and it's not the latter.

-Galen's player

30. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

As to the issue of why it's a mempo?

Several possibilities. Some good reasons, some bad reasons.

Bad reasons include:

--There's a degree to which the team sometimes seems to forget that there's other neck pieces in the game. (Remember Queen Dawn's guards? They should have had regular plate gorgets, not mempos. As far as I can tell they just forgot there was a plate neck piece other than the plate mempo.)

--They are thinking of some years ago when, when a lot of us were wearing mempos because plate mempos, due to the peculiarity of mage armor coming resident on samurai plate and there being a tad too many valorite runic hammers around relative to normal game mechanics back then, were the best neck pieces available. I think that might've created an institutional memory among the team that said "the players like mempos." They should look around now, though. Mempos are comparatively rare.

Good reasons include:

--This is an illicit reward for doing an illicit thing. Mempos kind of cover your face.

--For that reason, mempos covering your face, they allegedly were associated with Ninjas, according to a documentary I saw. (I fret, though, that they might've been confusing the mempo with the infamous ninja hood, which was utilized for similar reasons.) (Mempos of course also were associated with Samurai, for very different reasons.)

Which of these reasons, if any!, led them to use the mempo for this item, I don't know.

-Galen's player

31. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

We picked the mempo because it seemed fitting that Slim, who has dealings in illicit affairs, would cover his face. I guess we could've put it on Slim himself, but then you wouldn't be able to see his smashing good looks. :)

ioelis, Promathia, Winter and 6 others like this.
  32. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

should just implement a way to alter stuff to other stuff that has the same function for looks purposes.

norse helm to plate helm
    straw hat to bandana
    heater shield to buckler
    plate arms to ring arms

you know the drill... pay some npc 250k, click your item and a gump comes up of what you can alter it to. You basically have the functions built in with gargoyle altering and the blackthorn artifacts. would allow some customization at least.

Tjalle and Riyana like this.
  33. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Look folks... mempos were designed for us broke folks who can not afford trips to da dentist... :gee:

34. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

did i hear your tounge fall out your mouth followed by some drool while you said that? ;)

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  35. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

All the mempo hate :<, my personal favorite for the neck slot (Aside from the Ankh Neckalce, but those don't give anything mod wise)

36. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

God, I always hated the SE art, and a lot of the art hence. So much of it is so quite plainly horrible, I just don't understand how some art supervisor looked at it and said "Yeah, that looks good, well done."

Like, I am no amazing artist, but I am quite certain I could make a MUCH less stupid looking Mempo/Jingasa (among others) at very least in the paperdoll art.

37. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

honestly, isn't that how a mempo is supposed to look, though? the jingasa reminds me of graphics out of X-COM UFO Defense (it looks rather dated when compared to the crisp metal armors), but then again, I never liked regular leather caps, either (and back in the day people would wear hats before leather caps, usually, in the I-can-play-naked days).

I guess what i mean to say is there is a difference between personal taste and how an item should actually look...like I mean, what if the tribal mask looked more like this:
    http://www.desktopexchange.net/plog.../300-movie-wallpapers/immortals-300-movie.jpg

some might like it better, but would it be "tribal?" ;P

#37 G.v.P, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  38. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

don't get me started on the leather cap... heh

39. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hey, if you wanted to start a rpg 1900's football team guild or something they would be right on the money...

G.v.P and azmodanb like this.
  40. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

I've never liked the Samurai Empire, Tokuno-style armor either.

However, I do see what they were going for. The wikipedia page on Japanese armor has some images which match pretty well my reading and documentary-watching on this and related subjects:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_armour

Some Japanese armor looks under-stated and elegant to Western eyes, but more often (again, to Western eyes) it seems to look bulky and ridiculously obvious.

One of the many reasons I'm grateful for many of the changes we've seen over the last few years (Imbuing; Reforging; the Blackthorn artifacts; etc) is that one no longer is to a great degree forced to wear the SE armor in order to wear the best stuff.

And I must confess that the Heavy Platemail Jingasa:

http://www.uoguide.com/Heavy_Platemail_Jingasa

most-closely matches my favorite (from an aesthetic perspective) Western-style helmet. The Wikipedia calls this the "kettle hat"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettle_hat

though I cannot confirm the accuracy of that name.

I also have a certain fondness for the Platemail Battle Kabuto, or at least I would if it didn't have those horns!

-Galen's player

41. Kloud

Kloud Journeyman

Eh kinda let down was hoping it would be better I can't see dropping a good neck peice with over capped mods for this low resist peice that can have 4 mods imbued on it I thought this might be nice for my archer mage to run since he has a -fc on his bow instead of running the town bonus fc but I don't think it's worth it but thanks for the pic cetric

DJAd likes this.
  42. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Is it possible to reforge it or is the fact that FC1 shows up as a mod negate the ability to do so?

43. Moldy Fishmonger

Moldy Fishmonger Adventurer

Can this be altered or will there be a gargoyle version of this?

Obsidian likes this.
  44. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

If the item is just an ordinary exceptional tagged item, (GM made), you should be able to re-forge it only if the item doesn't have any mods, right? So I would assume you can't re-forge it?

2/4/3/3/3 w/ FC 1 is 140 weight (for FC), which leaves 360 weight to play with...

using the Flash-based tool I built but I don't think ever released yet except to guildies, that could yield you:

1 Faster Casting, 20 Lower Reagent Cost, 8 Lower Mana Cost, 15 Resist, 7 Resist [496 INT] (maybe physical and fire)

for 17/11/3/3/3, FC 1, 20 LRC, 8 LMC

or you could swap LRC with 2 MR, or I guess swap a resist out with 2 MR... (they're all the same weight)

45. Kloud

Kloud Journeyman

I still think the town fc outshines this when you can get great over capped mods from a re forged peice or shame arti maby a 4 6 chiver could use this

G.v.P likes this.
  46. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You need to Bump the Resists up to at least make it Comparable to something crafted by a player. Right now, even if it can enhance, its -20 Resists from an exceptional 100 Arms lore Barbed Mempo. Bump it up to 7/9/8/3/8 or something similar to make it actually Uber beyond the Fc 1. I'm sure coding that won't be easy because of how the Loot system is Designed to give the Minimum Resists and then Anything above that is considered an extra mod.

47. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

If they keep it the way it is, though, you can pay extra at store for 100% enhance ;P...they gonna want that money haha

48. Obsidian

I agree... There needs to be a gargoyle version of an imbuable necklace with FC 1! Hey isn't there another Slim in Ter Mur? Maybe he can get into the fencing business too and give gargish rewards.

G.v.P likes this.
  49. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think the mempo is fine how it is. 500 wieght clean fc makes it very useful, but not to the point where it becomes O.P.ed

Pair it with a resist artifact piece and resists arent an issue. I think if it did have exceptional/armslore resists it would be overpowered.

Opens up tons of options for bracelets now that orny isnt basically required for 50ep mageweapon suits.

Personally id still go with something else, but it does really help cramped templates. Pallys and spellweavers with FC4 cap will love this item im sure.

Obsidian likes this.
  50. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

I love mempos
    I love lamp