1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Feather hat display

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Rhiannon, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am a collector of feather hats. I have my colored ones that were made to match my various dresses and skirts. But when I find magical ones on monsters and whatnot, I keep them.

So what ideas do you creative people have for me displaying those hats?

2. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[​IMG]
    Globe, Ter-Mur Style Candelabra, Tower Sculpture, Angel Statue.

Here are some inexpensive, simple ways to display your hats. I'm not a fan of the new items, but the Ter Mur Candelabra (pictured 2nd) is probably my favorite. The angel statuette (pictured 4th) coming in at a close second. Good luck.

Rhiannon likes this.
  3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I plan to. Keep in mind that my time in Britannia is extremely limited (usually a few hours on the weekends if that) so it might be a while. Made great progress on the new house design and think it's probably what I want and got it maybe 50% decorated (that might be stretching it). But it's coming along. I loved the ideas and will probably use one of them. You guys ROCK!

5. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't know how they'd sit, but possibly a disguise kit... might looks like a hat stand or you might try the new gift boxes or dye tubs with wool over them to look like the interior of the container and make a hat box. Just shooting out ideas... haven't tested them.

Rhiannon likes this.
  6. FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

I thought the same thing!
    However, far as I understand it , those kits can not be gotten anymore , so somewhat of a "rare" now...
    but dont quote me on that! :D

I was thinking about this today...
    Maybe TB dyed gozas, rasied in the air, using NPC bought tourches as "legs"?
    The TB color would allow the hats color to show well , and the tourches would provide lighting - 2 birds 1 stone?
    I too didnt test this idea, not sure where the tourches sit on the tile, but if it worked , could build a stagered or tiered diplay case?
    Maybe even a "tiered corner unit"?

Yup just spiballing here too ! :whip:

EDIT: Ewww what about the "stuffys"? Heh an army of "stuffy mongbats" all wearing feathered hats, omg! :wall:

#6 FreeBird of Mercenary Inn, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    Rhiannon likes this.
  7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Didn't know that about disguise kits. Hmmm, what else...

Black Small Stone Spikes (From Liche spawn I think, but pretty common for sale)
    Decorate a xmas tree with them. Hang them from Garlands.
    On Pillows.
    Could have some silly fun and put them on all sorts of statues and skulls. Gigantic Archdaemon Statue with a feathered hat. Teehee.
    Might center nicely on that rubble dishing stump from the old Magincia Rubble quest.
    Pillars in the house decorating menu
    Candle of loves might look like white hat stands as well
    Those tall blue bottles (Balm of strength) and tall green bottles (Captured Essence) might look like hat stands as well if the hats sit well over them.

Some of the above might be expensive, but maybe would help give variety to the display and could be used for special hats.
    I apologize in advance if these ideas don't pan out. I haven't tested any of them, just brainstorming to try and help.

Rhiannon likes this.
  8. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Lets face it, a fancy feathered hat would probably look good on just about anything :p

Rhiannon likes this.
  9. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This is a good point! I think *I* look especially good in my feathered hats.

10. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Put it on mannequins.

I think i butchered the spelling there.

11. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually, you spelled it just right! Upon further research, mannequins were 14th anniversary gifts from a gift ticket that was given out through Sept. 21, 2011. As luck would have it, my account was closed for a few years and reopened 7 months ago. Seeing as I have a few hats ready to display and will be adding to that, mannequins might get a bit pricey.

I'm loving these ideas. And that is why I always come here and steal your ideas! :)

12. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You can still get a disguise kit its not rare ;)

Follow this instructions:

Disguise kit - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

You have to drop the 700gp than on the thieve guildmaster - only to say the words will not get you one - after you said it, drop the 700gp on him/her.

I just tested it with my thieve and it worked.

13. FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

Sweet so the disguise kit would BE the way to go imho!
    :whip:

14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have them in display cases now. I wonder if I can use disguise kits with the hats in the display cases. That would look cool.

15. FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

May we see a screenie of what ya have at the moment???
    Would hlp to see the space you have to work with ...

#15 FreeBird of Mercenary Inn, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  16. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

What shard are you on? I may have some 14th anni tokens for you.

17. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm on Atlantic. Yes I will post pictures of the space hopefully tomorrow.

18. FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

you silly o_O

*looks at Rhiannon's post Sig*
    :pie:

19. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

Tired and blurry eyes. I was reading the line with Luna in it over the green cursive hehe.

In that case, I have 12 tickets if you want them Rhiannon

#19 Kayhynn, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  20. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

TWELVE? For me? And you don't know me (unless you have a different name that I don't know)?
    I have been told I should change the font on my signature but I like it too much. :)
    This is the space I'm working with. I have quite a few display cases going both directions. I'm thinking of using the disquise kit under the hat on the display case.
    [​IMG]

#20 Rhiannon, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  21. FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

I was jes teasing , was only meant in good jest :heart:

22. FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

Wow Rhiannon that IS a difficult room to deco from my exp...

I would luv to come to ATL and see it in game in its entierty if possible?

23. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable

I don't know you, but pretty much anything that hasn't been cross-shard trded (minus this years gifts) are worthless on Atlantic and I'd rather see them put to good use than not. :) You are more than welcome to them.

Freebird: No worries. I honestly hadn't actually seen the middle line for some reason (I blame it on being tired)

#23 Kayhynn, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  24. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Kayhynn: Your generosity would be grately appreciated. I closed my account for a while and my house and all it's precious contents went away. Looking back, I realized what a mistake that was. I had no intension of ever coming back. But 7 months ago, I got curious about what they were going to do for the 15th anniversary. I figured my old account was gone. Well it wasn't. House was gone, but I had a couple of beloved items in the bank, about 5mil and Rhiannon and her 4 sisters. Due to the generosity of a friend who loaned me 40 mil, I got a house just east of Luna. And that same friend also gave me a vendor in her Luna mall and within a week or two, I had paid back the 40 mil (sold a unwanted few rares and other stuff). So all the anniversary gifts I had collected over the years are gone. I've been slowly buying them again but they are so expensive when you can find them. Your generious gift would let me replace many of them.

I am typically venturing Britannia on the weekends during the days pacific time. My ICQ # is 8282955. Let me know what user name I should be looking a friendship request from. And if there's anything I can do in return for this generous gift, please let me know.

Freebird: See above note on my hours and contact info. I'd be happy to show you what I've done so far. The room in question is Rhiannon's floor (she insists on having her own floor being the oldest sister). Part of it is a bedroom. The other unfinished area is her mage/scribe work area. I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the room but then displaying her feathered hats seemed like a good use for it. It's the only actual "collection" of specific items she has. I'm thinking of dying them rare colors.

25. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hey Rhiannon - Did you get plenty of Harpsichords, etc. from this years rewards? I have a White Harpsichord if you want it... In fact, you can have any of my chars Harpsichords and scrolls if you like... I don't play Atlantic, but I do have 6 chars there...

#25 startle, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  26. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks for the offer Startle. I did get the anniversary gifts and placed a lovely slate blue one in my house.

27. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ok, good... I'll look around and see what else I might have...
    ;)

28. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've started a ridiculous "wish list" that I've been slowly working on by buying things or getting gifts from "my fairy godmothers" (i.e. good friends) who keep dumping things in my mailbox. I've made a huge list of heritage items that will be purchased with all the heritage tokens that Kayhynn is so generously offering. It's a work in progress but it gives me a goal. :)