1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Feathers?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Miriandel, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Miriandel

Miriandel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm making my arrows the old way: lumberjacking + covetous stone harpies.
    Isn't there any 'new way' to make/buys/get arrows nowadays? I really can't stand Covetous anymore...

2. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Kill Centaurs?

3. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Shrine of Spirituallity, Go past the blood dungeon, up the mountain range (pixes to your west), if you hit reapers you have gone to far. There is a little opening in the mountain range, and there are harpies, stone harpies, and the odd para of each. Id say there is 3 stone harpies, and maybe 6 regulars? Lure them out to the opening at whatever rate you can handle, and kill

4. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Aye lord oaks spawn will get you lots of arrows, but no bolts. (or centaurs elsewhere work too)

5. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Thats what I was gonna say, Centaurs. There is a good population of them near the Serpentine Dragons which are nuetral if your positive karma.

I hate the harpy killin too,it sux! But damn them bolts sell great,lol. O well,motivation I guess. :) If all your after is arrows though...ya can`t beat Cents.

6. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Shhhh!!!

Thats my spot! :D

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Try something new. Be creative. A few months ago I trained to GM herding and took all the kirins from the Oaks spawn to the harpy nest. They did all the work for me except for cutting up the corpses.

8. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If I'm hunting finished arrows I usually go after centaurs or rat archers. They both drop arrows as loot.

If I need just feathers I usually go after swoops. The cash is a nice bonus, the loot is good for unravelling/imbuing and it gives a decent amount of feathers.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

10. If you have a lock picker, the NPC camps have a couple chests both the red and non red varieties often have 10 arrows or bolts. The island of Trinsic has a lot of them and you can get some other stuff for unraveling and some gold. Orc scouts have a pile of arrows also.

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I just kill regular birds/tropical birds/etc. in Fel. 1 hit kills and 50 feathers per. Swoop is my favorite though. Good amount of feathers and loot to unravel.

12. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

arrows? I get them off ratmen in the abyss at the mini-champ renowns, the assisants and tinkers as I kill for imbue ingriedents.

13. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

Thanx for the info ;)

14. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

if you were lucky enough to get a harvest blade from the Thanksgiving event, then feather harvesting is a breeze. Harvest blade auto loots what you cut off corpses.

15. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There is a spot in the Ilsh desert with 4 ratmen and 2 ratman archers. There are shops in walls, bank and healers there. Great farming there for gold, Spine and arrows. Get lucky and get a paragon drop that unravels for relic.

The bolts can be gotten off the Meer Captain at either the spawn spots. Karma loss down side.

16. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The dozen or so wandering Gypsy camps (not the permanent ones) reset their vendor prices each time they despawn/respawn. As a result you can get the bolts and arrows at the original default price for the first 1000, +1 GP for each additional 1000. The same goes for ingots, gems, and other crafting supplies - though the exact selection of goods varies by camp (vagabond = tinker/jeweler, Maiden = Provisioner, Iron Worker = smith)

Typically 3-6 camps are active at any given time, and a map to the locations can be found in the Ilshenar data on Stratics.

17. mustafa

mustafa Guest

if u go to champ in area where dread horn is kill shadow wisps till lvl 2 then ya get horsemen with bag off sendin wham arrows grow out yer ears ;)

18. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Every fletcher needs that skinning knife you get from turning in a plucked turkey to Butcher npc. The knife stays in your pack, you clcik it, and click corpse - all hides, meat, scales, and FEATHERS appear in your pack! I Hunt that lil hole in the mountain wall referenced above near Oak spawn. Not having to open corpses and drag stuff saves a ton of time, i get about 1500 feathers in 10-15 minutes, and just drop the meat and/or hides when i get overweight.

19. I got feathers from an idoc some months ago and made a supply of arrows and bolts out of that... I don't think I'll be needing to make some more for the rest of my UO career :D

20. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

If you are bored with Harpies there is the Prism of light . It is a little harder to do but then the reward is better .
    Crystal Lattices have 200 feathers each in Felucca and if you take a bag of sending you can fill up on feathers and gold

21. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I usually kill centaurs for arrows and occasionally kill meer captains for bolts. I also have my miner/LJ character kill any birds she encounters and take the feathers. It's a good way for her to get magery gains or give the old fire beetle a spot of training and a bit of meat to eat. I also often take my crafter characters that don't have tons of magery for a run around my Fel houses to kill birds and harpies and get a few magery gains. After a while, I usually have a nice pile of feathers to make bolts from and it also uses up some of the lumber that's accumulated.

22. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Go into Twisted Wield and level the champ spawn there to centaurs.

23. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Ooh thanks for that!

24. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have to thank you also I didn't know about this spot!

25. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

BTW, the harvester's blade gives a 10% bonus in addition to the amount you'd normally get (and if gathering leather, the 10% is factored in AFTER applying the human's 10% bonus to leather, ore and wood).

So, something that gives 25 feathers gives 28 with the Blade, 50 becomes 55, and 200 becomes 220.

26. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Holy crap that's awesome! I GM'd herding for the heck of it a long time ago and it has been stoned since...thanks for the inspiration to take that skill out and dust it off.

27. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I use my stealth thief for this. Sometimes I take them up to the ratman hangout west of the Meer. i let them work the spawn for me and I just throw in a lick or two on the paragons to get marties.

No need to ever be bored in this game if you just have a little creative spirit.

28. Miriandel

Stratics Veteran

Ah yes, Basara, I didn't think about those camps, while I'm buying my gems there :thumbup1:

29. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

I did this last night while collecting crystalline fragments and ended up with 1700 feathers (stayed in Tram, didn't have a rune to the Fel location on that char). Thanks again!

30. Fink

Fink Guest

Herding is excellent.

There are all sorts of places like that where you can introduce one spawn to another, or remove the nuisance spawn & make your own hunting far more efficient. You just have to adjust your thinking slightly.

31. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

ratmen for arrows
    meer captains for bolts

32. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Excellent ideas here! Thanks ya'll