1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[FEEDBACK] Robert the Royal Guard To Lead Tokuno Expedition

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by hawkeye_pike, Jul 1, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is directed especially to our EMs:

First, I like to thank you for your effort and the brilliant storyline, as well as the way the story is brought to us, the players.

However, it is most difficult for many players to follow the storyline live, due to all the spell spammers and people talking nonsense. During the first half hour of the event, I keep filling my ignore list. But still, I have to browse through my journal.log after each event to find out what it all was about, and what was said by the main characters (Robert, Casca, Owain Surrey). I hadn't noticed anything about the Jukas in the throne room or Casca preventing our plot of betrayal; I just learned from my journal today.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to squelch EVERYBODY on the screen while speeches are held or information is given out? Unfortunately, the ignore list of the UO Client is very limited. (It would be great to have a "white list" here, or the possibility to put whole guilds on ignore.)

Please discuss with the Game Developers, maybe they can come up with something. Thanks!

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

In an echo of the conversation we had in game, I have to mention that I agree with you 100% (especially the possibility of putting whole guilds on ignore).

And though we know that Kasaven reads this board, I just thought I'd mention (for general knowledge) that you can also give a more private feedback on the EM website here.

3. Lady Mana

Lady Mana Guest

Actually, since it's probably something that the game developers would have to put in, you should actually send your responses to http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php under the 'Quest and Event Feedback' option.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you squeltch everyone then how does everyone participate?
    It's all interactive, the characters will talk to you too if you make the effort.
    It's not that hard to follow along lol

5. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Last time, Melissa used a different tactic...
    Everyone that failed to comply exploded and died...

Squeltching is gentler... but less effective.

6. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Well, if I was GM I'd have everyone spamming or misbehaving guard-whacked, but that's just me.

7. CatLord

CatLord Guest

She did just that... and everyone quickly behaved.

8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Don't lie Pitr.
    That's not why she killed me. (pretty sure I was the only one to die to her hand)
    She killed me for killing you infiltrators. Something I don't think she should have done since #1 it was a pvp event, and #2 you guys were falsely in SL just to gain admittence to the area. But whatever.

9. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Blown to pieces ... and than you quickly behaved.

I guess the one playing Melissa thought it was harrassement?
    (beats me)

The Stratics reporter was there... no need to be offensive.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=134880

We planned to kill you before you would attack Clainin...

I went out to walk my dogs and when I returned we were also killing Clainin... there went the plan.

The battle at the healers was fun...